ULTRA FIRMWARE 11.0 MAY 9 2011

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 10.02 SEPT 3 2010

Anyone heard if there is a new release coming anytime soon? (any confirmed rumors about new amps/effects coming?)

Cliff, thanks for all the cool stuff you have done for the Axe

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 10.02 NOV 14 2010

Fixed popping when going to/from Euro Uber model.
Fixed incorrect calculation in amp block HF Resonance which results in too much HF Resonance under certain combinations of parameter values (damping and presence).

Ultra: http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... a10_03.zip

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 10.03 NOV 14 2010

NOOOOOOOO!!!!
Just tried to update to 10.03, and then... my EPROM has just burnt up :x :x :x :x :x

As usually, I tried to update via Axe-Edit and my MOTU MIDIEXPRESS XT USB.
As many times before today, Update process has crashed before end.
But today, my dear Ultra was freeze on the Flash Checking step. This step has never ending. I haven't any issue except reboot my Ultra, and... this is the drama... All DELs are keeping ON, and total freeze!!!
After many reboots, its always the same issue...

PLEASE!! HELP ME!! PLEASE!!!

I'm so addict to my Ultra, and I fear I must send him to FAS Support. But, I live in France, and at the time I bought him, there are no Axe-fx available from G66 and I was waiting since many many months. So, that's the reason why I finally bought it from USA.

This crash has just comes 30 minutes ago, so I haven't search for old topics about this problem at the moment.

Spawn-X said:
NOOOOOOOO!!!!
Just tried to update to 10.03, and then... my EPROM has just burnt up :x :x :x :x :x

As usually, I tried to update via Axe-Edit and my MOTU MIDIEXPRESS XT USB.
As many times before today, Update process has crashed before end.
But today, my dear Ultra was freeze on the Flash Checking step. This step has never ending. I haven't any issue except reboot my Ultra, and... this is the drama... All DELs are keeping ON, and total freeze!!!
After many reboots, its always the same issue...

PLEASE!! HELP ME!! PLEASE!!!

I'm so addict to my Ultra, and I fear I must send him to FAS Support. But, I live in France, and at the time I bought him, there are no Axe-fx available from G66 and I was waiting since many many months. So, that's the reason why I finally bought it from USA.

This crash has just comes 30 minutes ago, so I haven't search for old topics about this problem at the moment.

Contact G66 support and they can get you a new EPROM; it's just replacing a chip. You can do it.

I'm running one of my ultra's with a Liquid Foot Pro, and I'm on 10.01 will updating to this latest firmware cause issues with the LFP?

Scott Peterson said:
[quote="Spawn-X":cnj3dhqy]I live in France, and at the time I bought him, there are no Axe-fx available from G66 and I was waiting since many many months. So, that's the reason why I finally bought it from USA.

Contact G66 support and they can get you a new EPROM; it's just replacing a chip. You can do it.[/quote:cnj3dhqy]
I just take a message on the cell phone of Nicolas.
Do you believe that they will accept to send me an EPROM while I bought my Ultra direct from USA and not from G66?
Hum... If they do, I will thanks them many many times and make many publicity for them ;)...

Hi
Loaded 10.03 , flawless load. The brief time I had with the Ultra I noticed no differences in tone. Thanks for the new Amp as well !

teddis said:
Hi
Loaded 10.03 , flawless load. The brief time I had with the Ultra I noticed no differences in tone. Thanks for the new Amp as well !
Eh? New amp? What new amp?
Where does it talk about a new amp?

Err, my bad. It was posted in the "General 10.03 " thread that there was a new amp. It was incorrect.
thanks,

I`m a noob at this.
I bought a used Ultra w/ firmware 5.24

I am going to upgrade the firmware when I get the this
http://www.gjovikmusikk.no/shop/product/1463282.aspx

tomorrow

Is there a videoguide somewhere? I have read the "read me"
No 3 Load the accompanying sysex file into your midi librarian.
I don`t understand that. Where is the librarian? Something I need to download? The sysex file is the one in the firmware download?
And I don`t need to use the axe edit software for the upgrade?

Thanks

Main thing to watch for is this: One of the most asked questions ever in the forum. "I just updated from 3.x-4.x-5.x to (current) and I have no sound!"

from the release notes...
NOTE: IF UPGRADING FROM 6.07 OR EARLIER THE NEW INPUT VOLUME CONTROL WILL LIKELY NEED TO BE RESET AFTER INSTALLATION OF THE FIRMWARE. IN THE I/O->CTRL MENU SET “INTPUT VOLUME” TO “NONE” TO DEFEAT THIS FEATURE. YOU MAY NEED TO POWER CYCLE THE UNIT AFTER RESETTING THIS PARAMETER.

Download the firmware and read the release notes in its entirety.

Thanks
But what is/ where is my sysex library which I shall upload the sysex file?

No.

I downøloaded Midi-Ox

I load the file and send it
but I get the message

No output device is selected. Only manual dump supported..

the read me also say : The M-Audio UNO in particular is problematic.
I haven\t read that anywhere else. And that`s the one I bought..

I use the same midi interface with my Macbook Pro without any problems,
there might be something different when used with PC, who knows...

Try with Axe Edit as well, worth a shot.

I succeeded in loaded the file. And the progress showed in the Axe display, but it seemed that the progress stopped after 3 sec.
On the mididevice no indicator showed any transfer.

The Maudio plug where it says "to midi in" is going into the Axe`s midi in? Yes? Or do you plug both plugs in the Axe?

Before this it said no output found, only manual dump allowed

H Smith said:
I succeeded in loaded the file. And the progress showed in the Axe display, but it seemed that the progress stopped after 3 sec.
On the mididevice no indicator showed any transfer.

The Maudio plug where it says "to midi in" is going into the Axe`s midi in? Yes? Or do you plug both plugs in the Axe?

Before this it said no output found, only manual dump allowed

Both midi jacks goes to Axe, labeled "to midi in" goes to Axe's midi in and labeled "to midi out" goes to Axe's midi out,
usb jack goes into your computer.

Thanks for the answers. I will try again tonight. But I have my doubt.

Is there a place where I can see if the Axe is connceted and recognized by the computer?

Do you open the sys file from a folder or from the software? The result is the same?

Also should I clivk OK on the dialog buttom that appears when I click send file?

H Smith said:
Thanks for the answers. I will try again tonight. But I have my doubt.

Is there a place where I can see if the Axe is connceted and recognized by the computer?

Do you open the sys file from a folder or from the software? The result is the same?

Also should I clivk OK on the dialog buttom that appears when I click send file?

I have used Axe Edit for that purpose and with Axe Edit you can test the connection,
not sure how it works with Midiox, probably there is an option for that.
But I used Sysex Librarian to update MFC101 and sysex file is selected through the software,
that should be the same with Midiox I guess.

Back
Top Bottom