ULTRA FIRMWARE 11.0 MAY 9 2011

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 10.02 SEPT 3 2010

Snagglefinger said:
Well let me be the first to say this is great! The top end seems to have more air but as you push it harder, especially on high gain sounds, overall it seems have an ever tighter, grainier edge.
(…)
:mrgreen:
Yes, awesome update, it now sounds tuber than tube. I noticed that… even if I only have a standard.

:lol:

fremen said:
Snagglefinger said:
Well let me be the first to say this is great! The top end seems to have more air but as you push it harder, especially on high gain sounds, overall it seems have an ever tighter, grainier edge.
(…)
Yes, awesome update, it now sounds tuber than tube. I noticed that… even if I only have a standard.

are you talking about the 10.02 or just the 10 update ?

Are you joking?
The release notes talks only about SysEx Header.

ATM, I didn't upgrade.

@Gencives: you post a second before me. That's the point.

Gencives said:
fremen said:
Snagglefinger said:
(…)

are you talking about the 10.02 or just the 10 update ?
GiRa said:
Are you joking?
The release notes talks only about SysEx Header.

ATM, I didn't upgrade.

@Gencives: you post a second before me. That's the point.

of course they are talking about 10.02. what an amazing difference, even better than tubes!!
:cool:

i dont get it, are you talking of the difference between 10.01 and 10.02 ?
the only new thing is sysex headers !

And how about all those news sims in 10.02, including the HD500!! :eek: :shock:
Looks like mr Fractal fulfilled every posted wish. This takes the Axe ahead of everything again.

Don't like the completely re-modeled stock cabs though. :cry:

ok so if they're talking about 10 updates everybody already knows it sounds better...

Gencives said:
ok so if they're talking about 10 updates everybody already knows it sounds better...
Yeah, but once you upgrade to 10.02 and hear that sweet sounding manufacturing ID, there's simply no turning back! It's like an ID from the 60's or seventies, the old on sounds digital in comparison.

tgunn said:
Gencives said:
Yeah, but once you upgrade to 10.02 and hear that sweet sounding manufacturing ID, there's simply no turning back! It's like an ID from the 60's or seventies, the old on sounds digital in comparison.

LOL! Yeah, back in the days when you had to crank the handle to transmit MIDI.

Nobody mentioned the way smoother patch switching. For some reason it even seems to work on my Rocktron MIDI Mate. Kudos to the Fractal team for tweaking them bits to accomplish this. :mrgreen:

Release 10 is awesome.

Has something been done to the mic simulations? They are actually usable to my ear now whereas I would bypass them before.

The Bogner Uberschall patch is still not right though - way too compressed and lacking in dynamics. I run my Uber with EQ around 5 for Bas, Mid and Treb and I get a really raunchy mid range tone that sounds like an evil version of Van Halen's tone. The Axe version just does not sound anything like this to my ear. Whilst the real Uber has a dark tone the axe version seems simply flat (rather than dark).

All in all release 10 is killer I was just hoping to give some feedback on top of saying it is great.

Steve.

SteveTurner said:
I run my Uber with EQ around 5 for Bas, Mid and Treb and I get a really raunchy mid range tone that sounds like an evil version of Van Halen's tone. The Axe version just does not sound anything like this
When you mic it always seems to loose mids, try the post cab PEQ with the two blocking frequencies.

GiRa said:
SteveTurner said:
I run my Uber with EQ around 5 for Bas, Mid and Treb and I get a really raunchy mid range tone that sounds like an evil version of Van Halen's tone. The Axe version just does not sound anything like this
When you mic it always seems to loose mids, try the post cab PEQ with the two blocking frequencies.

Hi GiRa,

thanks for the reply. I am not sure quite what you mean though. I understand you are saying drop a Parametric EQ after the cabinet but what are the 2 blocking frequencies?

To clarify, in my post I was saying that I LOVE the midrange in my tone on the actual Uber - if what you are saying might get me closer to it please explain the 2 blocking thing.

Thanks,

Steve.

Hi Gira,

Thanks so much that was quite effective. I am getting closer with every great tip I pickup on this forum.

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom