ULTRA FIRMWARE 11.0 MAY 9 2011

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 5.24

Doh! Usually i just change the number of the file but I forgot it was in the temp directory.

Fixed!

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 5.26 & New bank C

Updated for 5.26(See first post)

Fixed popping on preset change when using volume block.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/ultra5_26.zip

Fixed MultiDelay block crashing on modifying Master Q.

Improved preset switching speed.

Fixed some knob positions not set properly when modified in Drive, Format, Synth and Quad-Chorus blocks.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 6.0

UPDATED for 6.0

http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/ultra6_00.zip

NOTE: THIS IS A MAJOR RELEASE. YOUR PRESETS MAY SOUND DIFFERENT. AUDITIONING YOUR PRESETS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Added the following cabinet models:
- 1x12 E12L: Based on EV 12L 1x12
- 1x12 STUDIO: Based on Mesa Studio 22 1x12
- 1x12 OPEN: Based on open-back Eminence 1x12
- 1x12 BLUES: Based on open-back Fender 1x12
- 1x15 BLUES: Based on Peavey Delta Blues 1x15
- 2x12 BOUTIQ: Based on Matchless 2x12
- 2x12 GOLD: Based on Celestion Gold 2x12
- 2x12 G12H: Based on Celestion G12H 2x12
- 4x12 RECTO: New IR from Mesa Oversized 4x12
- 4x12 V30: Based on Framus 4x12
- 4x12 T75: Based on Marshall 4x12
- 4x12 GERMAN: Based on Bogner 4x12
- 4x12 METAL: Based on Engl 4x12
- 4x12 JM2000: Based on Marshall JCM200 4x12
- 4x12 SOUTH: Based on Peavey 6505 4x12
- 8x10 BASS: Based on Ampeg SVT 8x10
- 1x15 BASS: Based on SWR 1x15

Reprocessed all cabinet IR’s to 1024 samples. Cabinet block can now be run in three modes:
- MONO HIRES: Mono 1024 sample convolution
- MONO LORES: Mono 512 sample convolution
- STEREO: Stereo 512 sample convolution

Mono Lores can be used to decrease CPU requirements as processing load will be cut roughly in half.

NOTE: Any presets using user cabs will be affected. The cabinet type will incorrect and require adjustment. Also, user cabs will need to be reprocessed and reloaded to support the new IR length.

To load user cabs now the location is determined by the selected user cab in Cabinet1 block. To load an IR into a user location select the desired user cab location, i.e. “USER 2” and then send the sysex file. The IR will load into the USER 2 cabinet location.

Reworked several amp models slightly. Adjusted final output gain.

Added “Thump” modeling to power amp simulation. This models the output transformer interaction with the speaker impedance. The amount of thump is adjustable from 0 – 10. Value is set to a default value when amp type is selected. When using a tube power amp you may want to set this to zero as the tube power amp will produce it’s own thump. To facilitate this the global power amp bypass has an additional mode that deactivates the thump modeling.

Reworked Hiwatt (HIPOWER) models. Refined cathode cap values, tone stack and tone stack placement. Be sure to reselect amp type to load new values.

Added new tone stack position: MIDDLE. This places tone stack midway between gain stages.

Added bass amp model SV BASS. Modeled after Ampeg SVT.

Added Slew Rate limiting modeling to drive block. This models the slew rate limiting produced by early op-amps. Increasing the SLEW LIMIT parameter limits the large signal frequency response of the virtual op-amp. Adjust to taste. Set to zero to deactivate.

Added 2nd-order mode to phaser.

Added “Pedal Style” compressor. The compressor now has a new pedal-style compressor based on feedback topology. Set the type to “Pedal” to select (set to “Studio” for the original compressor algorithm). This type is more responsive and may be more suited to certain guitar styles.

Fixed compressor CPU load changing when activated vs. bypassed.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 6.0

The speaker block additions and changes are really top notch. The speaker IR's sound very, very good in the monohirez mode and I hear more dramatic differences now between the cabs then before. It is like having another paint brush for an already huge pallet of color to choose from. I doubt that I can ever exhaust the possibilties of this unit. Options, options and MORE options to choose from!
I had a Hiwatt patch that was pretty good before 6.0 but now it sounds just fabulous!
This is by far the best product of its kind - EVER!
I going to sell all my amps now... there is just no point in keeping them any more.
Right on Fractal Audio! :D

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 6.1 UPDATED PRESET BANKS!

http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... ra6_01.zip

http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... _BankA.syx
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... _BankB.syx
http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/V ... _BankC.syx

Reordered cabinets to group like types together. Old presets are automatically parsed and converted on recall, no need to manually update.

Fixed incorrect bass cap and pot taper in Energyball tone-stack.

Fixed compressor input filter not working.

Fixed compressor soft-knee mode not soft. Reworked soft-knee algorithm. There are now three soft knees to choose from: soft, softer and softest. The knee transition region is 5, 10 and 20 dB respectively.

Tweaked code to reduce CPU utilization slightly.

Removed MIDDLE tone-stack position. PRE now automatically puts the tone-stack in the appropriate position for the selected amp model.

EDIT:
There is now a quick-edit feature. If you're in the Layout->Edit menu and you've selected an effect pressing EXIT does a quick jump to a shunt. If the block is a shunt pressing EXIT does a quick jump to none.

Looks like is 6.02 now. The link didn't work and when I looked in the "Documents" folder I noticed another level for Version 6 and in there 6.02. I haven't read the release notes. Plus the updated presets. And I also saw another folder called Impulses with a zip file. I haven't checked that out either but...

...story time for the kids and put them to bed then Ultra time. Unless the wife has other plans! :D

mworkman said:
Looks like is 6.02 now. The link didn't work and when I looked in the "Documents" folder I noticed another level for Version 6 and in there 6.02. I haven't read the release notes. Plus the updated presets. And I also saw another folder called Impulses with a zip file. I haven't checked that out either but...

...story time for the kids and put them to bed then Ultra time. Unless the wife has other plans! :D

...I think you're right...I opened the folder and noticed it too...it looks like he's got one more preset bank left to convert for the standard owners as well...Cliff's STILL working... :lol:

In the release notes of the ultra6_02.zip I just downloaded:

Fixed user cabs not mapped if upgrading from 6.00 or earlier firmware.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 6.02 UPDATED PRESET BANKS!

Fixed user cabs not mapped if upgrading from 6.00 or earlier firmware.

Reordered cabinets to group like types together. Old presets are automatically parsed and converted on recall, no need to manually update.

Fixed incorrect bass cap and pot taper in Energyball tone-stack.

Fixed compressor input filter not working.

Fixed compressor soft-knee mode not soft. Reworked soft-knee algorithm. There are now three soft knees to choose from: soft, softer and softest. The knee transition region is 5, 10 and 20 dB respectively.

Tweaked code to reduce CPU utilization slightly.

Removed MIDDLE tone-stack position. PRE now automatically puts the tone-stack in the appropriate position for the selected amp model.

Added layout editing shortcuts. When in the Layout->Edit menu pressing EXIT when on an effect will jump to changing that block to a shunt. If the block is a shunt pressing EXIT will jump to none.

can someone update the sticky thread in the main forum? it still says 6.01...

Morning... I've upgraded to 6.02. Quick question please: to benefit from the firmware enhancements, do I need to do any tweaking or are my presets "automatically" made mo' better without any knob turning? Sorry for the question but I have another gig Friday but may not have time to play with the Ultra.

It depends on what firmware you came from how drastic the changes will be, but ultimately it will be what your ears tell you whether it is better or not.

You can always back up your presets, upgrade firmware...give em a whirl and if you don't like it..change back to previous firmware ...make sure you have the previous firmware before you do it though

Thanks for the reply. I upgraded my Ultra from 5.23 direct to 6.02 firmware. Appers successful but I notice many settings are not "automatically" enhanced just by the firmware upgrade... dumb question but will I have to load all three NEW a/b/c/ banks to benefit from the 6.02 upgrade?

GreenTea said:
Thanks for the reply. I upgraded my Ultra from 5.23 direct to 6.02 firmware. Appers successful but I notice many settings are not "automatically" enhanced just by the firmware upgrade... dumb question but will I have to load all three NEW a/b/c/ banks to benefit from the 6.02 upgrade?

To make the presets sound correct, yes. Either that or adjust them yourself.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 6.03 + UPDATED PRESET BANKS!

Added “CA3+” rhythm and lead models.

Fixed wrong labels on Auto Pitch menu.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 6.03 + UPDATED PRESET BANKS!

GuitarDojo said:

Added “CA3+” rhythm and lead models.

Fixed wrong labels on Auto Pitch menu.

What's a "CA3+"

Back
Top Bottom