ULTRA FIRMWARE 11.0 MAY 9 2011

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 6.06+ UPDATED(6.06) PRESET BANKS!

Tuned CA3+ LD model.

Tuned Energyball model.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "tuned" mean in this useage?

BTW... thanks Cliff, for the continued improvements.

Thanks very kindly for the Master Feedback, and for maintaining the great tradition that new features need not clutter the landfills (...eBay) with models forced into obsolescence!

I have only once ever been this fully satisfied before with one other music product (and its accompanying level of service and lifecycle support). I have been dedicated for 10 years to ensuring that its manufacturer thrives, and I envision maintaining the same level of commitment and "evangelism" for Fractal!

It may sound like a slightly insipid thing to say, but if you ever need any help, I for one, am here as a volunteer.

How do you upload the banks A,B and C. or do you even have to when you upgrade the firmware? I am running 6.06. I am not sure how to upload a bank. Is it done from the utility page like the firm ware? I see some dump bank to midi tabs. Thanks for you help, I didn't see anything about this in the WIKI FAQ

transfer a bank like a patch/preset - load it and sent it, no knobs to push on the AXE -
do u use the editor or an programm like midi-ox?

Axe-FX automatically accepts banks when it recognizes them as such. If you send them using a sysex utility they will be put in their default place. There is a way to change the bank file to get them saved in another bank of the Axe-FX but I would not recommend trying this.

If you open the bank in Lars' editor and click [Upload to Axe-FX] you will be asked in which bank of the Axe-FX it will be put. Easiest by far.

Dutch said:
There is a way to change the bank file to get them saved in another bank of the Axe-FX but I would not recommend trying this.

Why not?
I don't use the editor but midi-ox to do all the sysex things (besides user IR load).
Just change the 7th byte to 02 (bank A), 03 (B) or 04 (C).
I did that to go through the latest revision of the presets and loaded bank A, B and C one after another into bank C on my Ultra.

Seb

Sebastian said:
Dutch said:
There is a way to change the bank file to get them saved in another bank of the Axe-FX but I would not recommend trying this.
Why not?
I don't mind mixing the banks, too.
Always using the editor, I keep my own presets in bank A und put the factory presets in bank B and C of the ULTRA. Easy as pie.
So we have:
3 sets of factory presets --> 2 banks of the ULTRA.
Right! There's always 1 set left. What a bummer! :cry:
But that's the way I keep my presets. :p

Micha

Thanks for the help on the Banks. To up grade the firmware I use Bome. I have the editor but for some reason I have had problems getting it to work. Bome is brain dead simple which apparently I need. I'll give the editor another go, sounds simple enough.

So I take it when you upgrade the firmware the banks are not updated automatically with that?

jzgtrguy said:
So I take it when you upgrade the firmware the banks are not updated automatically with that?
Correct! Update FW, then update presets bank per bank.

Micha

Can't get 6.08 to go on there. Transfers, restarts, and still says 6.06 :(

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 6.08 + UPDATED as of (6.06) PRESET BANKS!

Read the Release notes as per the Boss!!

The Enhancer, Filter and Volume blocks now have Pan Left and Pan Right controls. The controls allow panning the left or right output signal in the stereo field. Theses blocks can now be used as generic stereo manipulation blocks. You can use these controls to adjust the stereo image, pan both signals to one side or turn a stereo output into two mono outputs.

To eliminate confusion many controls previously labeled “PAN” are now labeled “BAL” (balance) as this is more representative of the control’s function. Balance adjusts the relative level of the left and right signals. Pan, on the other hand, adjusts the position of a single signal in the stereo field.

Added features to Enhancer block. You can now invert either or both channels and control the panning of each channel.

Changed Master Pitch range to –100 to +100 percent. Any presets using Master Pitch other than 100% will need to be auditioned/edited.

Added Input Volume control. You can now adjust the input volume (using a pedal input or MIDI CC). Some people prefer adjusting the volume at the input as this mimics a volume pedal before an amp and allows effect tails to ring out. Be sure to check the setting of this on the I/O->CTRL page. Set to NONE to defeat.

Added modifier capability to Amp block Drive control. NOTE: This places a heavy burden on the CPU. If you attach a modifier to the Drive control your CPU usage may increase several percent. The Boost function has been moved to below the Type knob.

Added modifier capability to Amp block Master control.

Exposed amp modeling power supply filter capacitance. This parameter, under the advanced page and labeled “B+ CAPACITANCE”, allows you to adjust the B+ capacitance of the amp model. Defaults to preset value on type change. Increasing value stiffens response and tightens bass. Decreasing value loosens response. Use in conjunction with Sag control to set response.

Added Bright Cap parameter to Amp block. You can now adjust the value of the “Bright Cap” across the virtual Drive pot. Defaults to a preset value on type change. Naturally, the Bright Switch (under the Treble control) must be on to hear the effect.

Added Deep parameter to Amp block. This replaces the previous Deep switch and allows the actual amount to be varied. This is analagous to the Deep control on some modern guitar amps. The Deep control is on Page2 of the Amp menu. Its value defaults to a default value upon type change. The old Depth control has been moved to the Advanced page and relabeled TRNSFRMR MATCH (Transformer Matching) as this is more descriptive of its function.

Tweaked “Jr. Blues” model. Adjusted speaker resonant frequency and preamp-to-poweramp coupling capacitor. Fixed wrong value for bass pot. Changed mid pot taper to agree with newer “cream” models.

Added “Eggie R20” model.

Added Low Cut, Hi Cut, Clip Type and Bias parameters to Drive block. These parameters default to values when the Drive type is selected but may be overridden.

Tweaked the default high cut frequency on some of the Reverb types.

Improved pitch detection algorithm. False locks have been eliminated. Tracks better on complex chords. Tuner can detect lower notes.

Removed Delay Ducker on/off switch as this was redundant. To defeat ducker simply set Ducker Attenuation to 0 dB.

Added Filter Slope selection to Delay block. Filter slope can be selected as 6, 12 or 18 dB/octave.

Tap Tempo now intelligently detects momentary or latching tap.

Fixed a couple knobs responding to Enter that shouldn’t.

Tweaked MIDI code some to improve editor interaction. Will require new editor version for best benefit.

not found te link of download,,,ist a error of firm 6.08???

vedvai said:
not found te link of download,,,ist a error of firm 6.08???
temporarily recalled, likely due to a bug :)

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 6.09 + UPDATED as of (6.06) PRESET BANKS!

new one up

NOTE: IF UPGRADING FROM 6.07 OR EARLIER THE NEW INPUT VOLUME CONTROL WILL LIKELY NEED TO BE RESET AFTER INSTALLATION OF THE FIRMWARE. SET TO “NONE” TO DEFEAT THIS FEATURE. YOU MAY NEED TO POWER CYCLE THE UNIT AFTER RESETTING THIS PARAMETER.

Fixed bug where removing route caused instability.

Fixed global amps not recalled correctly.

Set default delay ducking amount to 0.0 dB.

NOTE: THE NEW INPUT VOLUME CONTROL WILL LIKELY NEED TO BE RESET AFTER INSTALLATION OF THE FIRMWARE. SET TO “NONE” TO DEFEAT THIS FEATURE. YOU MAY NEED TO POWER CYCLE THE UNIT AFTER RESETTING THIS PARAMETER.

The Enhancer, Filter and Volume blocks now have Pan Left and Pan Right controls. The controls allow panning the left or right output signal in the stereo field. Theses blocks can now be used as generic stereo manipulation blocks. You can use these controls to adjust the stereo image, pan both signals to one side or turn a stereo output into two mono outputs.

To eliminate confusion many controls previously labeled “PAN” are now labeled “BAL” (balance) as this is more representative of the control’s function. Balance adjusts the relative level of the left and right signals. Pan, on the other hand, adjusts the position of a single signal in the stereo field.

Added features to Enhancer block. You can now invert either or both channels and control the panning of each channel.

Changed Master Pitch range to –100 to +100 percent. Any presets using Master Pitch other than 100% will need to be auditioned/edited.

Added Input Volume control. You can now adjust the input volume (using a pedal input or MIDI CC). Some people prefer adjusting the volume at the input as this mimics a volume pedal before an amp and allows effect tails to ring out. NOTE: Be sure to check the setting of this on the I/O->CTRL page!!! The value after installation of the firmware will likely be PEDAL 2 and if PEDAL 2 is set to latching will result in no sound from the unit. Set to NONE to defeat. You may need to power cycle the unit after resetting this.

Added modifier capability to Amp block Drive control. NOTE: This places a heavy burden on the CPU. If you attach a modifier to the Drive control your CPU usage may increase several percent. The Boost function has been moved to below the Type knob.

Added modifier capability to Amp block Master control.

Exposed amp modeling power supply filter capacitance. This parameter, under the advanced page and labeled “B+ CAPACITANCE”, allows you to adjust the B+ capacitance of the amp model. Defaults to preset value on type change. Increasing value stiffens response and tightens bass. Decreasing value loosens response. Use in conjunction with Sag control to set response.

Added Bright Cap parameter to Amp block. You can now adjust the value of the “Bright Cap” across the virtual Drive pot. Defaults to a preset value on type change. Naturally, the Bright Switch (under the Treble control) must be on to hear the effect.

Added Deep parameter to Amp block. This replaces the previous Deep switch and allows the actual amount to be varied. This is analagous to the Deep control on some modern guitar amps. The Deep control is on Page2 of the Amp menu. Its value defaults to a default value upon type change. The old Depth control has been moved to the Advanced page and relabeled TRNSFRMR MATCH (Transformer Matching) as this is more descriptive of its function.

Tweaked “Jr. Blues” model. Adjusted speaker resonant frequency and preamp-to-poweramp coupling capacitor. Fixed wrong value for bass pot. Changed mid pot taper to agree with newer “cream” models.

Added “Eggie R20” model.

Added Low Cut, Hi Cut, Clip Type and Bias parameters to Drive block. These parameters default to values when the Drive type is selected but may be overridden.

Tweaked the default high cut frequency on some of the Reverb types.

Improved pitch detection algorithm. False locks have been eliminated. Tracks better on complex chords. Tuner can detect lower notes.

Removed Delay Ducker on/off switch as this was redundant. To defeat ducker simply set Ducker Attenuation to 0 dB.

Added Filter Slope selection to Delay block. Filter slope can be selected as 6, 12 or 18 dB/octave.

Tap Tempo now intelligently detects momentary or latching tap.

Fixed a couple knobs responding to Enter that shouldn’t.

Tweaked MIDI code some to improve editor interaction. Will require new editor version for best benefit.

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 6.09 + UPDATED as of (6.06) PRESET BANKS!

Went to download 6.09 and found 6.10!

Added Dry Delay parameter to Flanger block. This allows Through-Zero Flanging (TZF). By experimenting with combinations of Time and Dry Delay you can achieve wild TZF effects. Also added capability to phase invert either or both wet signals. In conjunction with the Dry Delay this can further accentuate TZF effects.

Neat!

Dave

Edit: Ah, I see that this is old news. ;) I saw the file time stamp on the site was this morning, and got all excited!

Back
Top Bottom