ULTRA FIRMWARE 11.0 MAY 9 2011

Re: ULTRA FIRMWARE 5.23

roodboy said:
IIRC there was a way to update all presets after a new version of frimware was installed. I thought it was accessed with the utility button & then preset section but I'm not seeing it.
Is this gone with 5.23?
If not could someone point me to it?
Thanks

It is in the release notes but it doesn't update the presets, never has. It just makes old presets (3.0 presets) compatible w/ the new firmware. It will say in the release note when you are supposed to do this.

Thanks I just wanted to make sure there wasn't another step that needed to be done.

roodboy said:
IIRC there was a way to update all presets after a new version of frimware was installed. I thought it was accessed with the utility button & then preset section but I'm not seeing it.
Is this gone with 5.23?
If not could someone point me to it?
Thanks

I couldn't find it either.

Although the instructions did say to update to 5.22 first and then update all presets and then install 5.23.

I am just curious if it is gone or not.

gittarzann said:
Although the instructions did say to update to 5.22 first and then update all presets and then install 5.23.

I am just curious if it is gone or not.
That was only in case you had 3.xx presets. I doubt that's the case for most people here. I suspect the code was removed so there would be space for the new stuff.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on how much quieter the preset changes are.

FractalAudio said:

I hadn't had a chance to sit with it and listen for the preset changes. They were pretty quiet after your last update to them. What is the patch change latency at now?

The latency hasn't changed. But I found a bug where the output block was actually clicking on preset change. There was also a bug in the delay line clear routine where it wasn't totally clearing some delay lines so things like chorus and flanger were clicking slightly.

javajunkie said:
FractalAudio said:

I hadn't had a chance to sit with it and listen for the preset changes. They were pretty quiet after your last update to them. What is the patch change latency at now?

Minus .025 seconds. It actually predicts and switches before you do. :D
Actually, I haven't noticed a difference in speed and haven't had a noise issue before. I guess my patches didn't use some of the noisy blocks.

FractalAudio said:

If the dang Fractal Foot controller was released, I may have been able to comment! :p

FractalAudio said:
The latency hasn't changed. But I found a bug where the output block was actually clicking on preset change. There was also a bug in the delay line clear routine where it wasn't totally clearing some delay lines so things like chorus and flanger were clicking slightly.

I spent a long time with Bank 'C' last night. I was noticing for a period of time some clicking in one of the ambient presets (parallel routing to mega-delay/large-room-reverb and shunts) such that I thought I was clipping the input or maxing the CPU. Once I switched to the setting page to observe the CPU, I didn't see hear anything again.

The new settings are certainly warmer and clearer. The delays and reverb are mind-blowing (as always).

A side-question - is it typical for high-end FX boxes to use things like LFOs and ADSRs to control FX parameters? That seems really cool to me, but maybe that's typical of high-end boxes.

I can't tell it enough -- Thank you Cliff ! (for rocking my small world again and again)

Mik.

Hey,
i don't really use factory presets, i have created patches in the bank A only, but i kinda curious to listen to new bank C stuff :)
If i upload my Ultra with the bankC sys file, it will only change bank C on my Ultra, or it will also have changes in Bank A too?

SpyCam said:
If i upload my Ultra with the bankC sys file, it will only change bank C on my Ultra, or it will also have changes in Bank A too?

Bank 'C' only.

-- Todd

FractalAudio said:

Thanks! They are much better now. I knew you would get around to it eventually :D

javajunkie said:
browlett said:
Is there any place where you can download individual patches for this new "Bank C"?

I ask because I moved my original (factory) Bank A to (what was once) my blank bank C. I did this so that I could put all of my custom patches at the beginning (Bank A). If I download the entire new bank C, I would erase my original factory bank A, which was moved there. I want to keep most of those in my unit. So, again, is there any place where I can download individual patches from the new Bank C.

You can load the bank in the editor, audition them, then save them anywhere you want.

where is the audition feature? :roll:

When you load a patch in the editor, it sends all the settings to the AFx automatically, but only in the temporary operating memory. You're "auditioning" the patch because you would have to save it to a particular location to store it in memory.

scarr said:
When you load a patch in the editor, it sends all the settings to the AFx automatically, but only in the temporary operating memory. You're "auditioning" the patch because you would have to save it to a particular location to store it in memory.

thanks! :D

Back
Top Bottom