Tuner: do you want the magic ball removed?

Do you want the Magic 8-ball removed?

• Yes, I do want it to be removed.

Votes: 38 10.4%
  • No, I like it.

Votes: 326 89.6%

• Total voters
Death-Star-star-wars-4534240-1280-800.jpg

welcome to the dark side, young padawan

PS : according to the ball position, you're out of tune.

I'm one of the people who has mentioned having trouble with the tuner. In my case, the 8 ball doesn't have anything to do with my issues. Actually, to the contrary, it is much easier to tune my top 6 strings using it. I do still have problems tuning my low B's, but that is an issue that existed before the 8 ball was added. I'm looking forward to checking out the improvements in 7.01 - would be awesome to pull the tuner from my rack.

Last edited:
Thanks, Cliff! I like it, but I also was not going to complain if you removed it, because I understand how annoying all the constant complaining is.

I have been really trying to avoid becoming a "fanboy", but the GREAT tone I'm getting alongside repeated demonstration of GREAT customer service is making it difficult to resist. :)

I have been really trying to avoid becoming a "fanboy", but the GREAT tone I'm getting alongside repeated demonstration of GREAT customer service is making it difficult to resist. :)

Ha ha, same here.
Despite your best intentions to resist being a fanboy, the Axe FX II turns you into a gibbering , screaming , hyperventilating, teary fanboy...

God, did I just say that?

I never used the ball before and now I can't imagine living without it. I'm so glad it got its stay of execution. My tuning was balls on accurate at lasts nights gig.

High E & B strings on all my guitars shake like crazy & won't settle down. Very annoying!!
The other four strings work perfectly on all guitars.

Don't care one way or the other about the magic ball, I just want the tuner to be totally steady on all strings like all the tuners I've ever owned.

They may not have been as accurate.

I didn't pay attention to the ball until I read in the Wiki how it works. Oh. Okay.

Another vote for being able to switch between regular and 8-ball mode... I personally prefer the standard tuner... but that's just because I've been using it for forever and it's one of the best tracking tuners I have owned period...

Back
Top Bottom