Wish Tuner can be configured to display octave number instead of string number

aravind

The current tuner displays the string number on the right side of the display. This is fine for most guitar stuff but it's kinda annoying when I'm plugging in my bass or trying to tune my friend's violin. Can we have a toggle that sets it to the octave number of the note instead of the string number?

Pretty surprising to me that there's ever a situation where you can't tell by feel if you're an octave flat or sharp. How could you even get that far off in the first place, except maybe changing strings?

I still think octave number would be more useful info than string number in the tuner.

I still think octave number would be more useful info than string number in the tuner.
Because you can't tell what octave a string is tuned to?!?
How is that even possible?
A guitar string tuned an octave low would be flapping around, unplayable.
Really don't get this, unless it's a joke.

Because you can't tell what octave a string is tuned to?!?
How is that even possible?
A guitar string tuned an octave low would be flapping around, unplayable.
Really don't get this, unless it's a joke.
I think OP showed a pretty decent usecase - instruments other than guitar.

Especially since the tuner ends at 6 strings so extended range guitars also show the wrong numbers.

I think the use case is when you’re tuning instruments you’re not familiar with, when you haven’t yet learned what an open violin string, for instance, should sound like.

It’s an outlier case, but I get it.

I don't think anyone is going to be off by a whole octave. It's just a different notation to read that makes slightly more sense as a piece of info when compared to string number if you're not on a 6 string guitar. It's very much a nice to have option and not a critical/important functionality thing

Back
Top Bottom