ToneClone - John Petrucci #1 (fw17.00 + Cab Pack 7)

the "forum" will never give him anything. donation is the way to go for presets, but very few ever donate for or buy anyone's work without the official FAS backing.

seems like the rug was pulled out from under Vitor just trying to fund himself to continue to do good work. but a nice way to plug Cab Pack 7 with those free presets.

they are truly great IRs, best i've ever tried. i'm using the 57/421 alloy #1 for everything. congrats on getting the official relationship with FAS, clark.

Chris you're back!!!!! Thank you bro. Mahalo! :)

Last edited:
Looking forward to try that Sfogli preset tomorrow. Haven´t got anything close enough yet.
About the JP presets TM curves. I got very similar result with Beyond This Life tweaking. Every difference there is the final character of the JPs tone. It has that spike down always, even I mixed irs in the cab-lab. Browsed alloys and mixed them, no luck.
It has to be that "phase" character that Clark was talking about. You have it with the alloy ir or you just don´t.
Those differences make every album tone different even the amp settings are the same.

Looking forward to try that Sfogli preset tomorrow. Haven´t got anything close enough yet.
About the JP presets TM curves. I got very similar result with Beyond This Life tweaking. Every difference there is the final character of the JPs tone. It has that spike down always, even I mixed irs in the cab-lab. Browsed alloys and mixed them, no luck.
It has to be that "phase" character that Clark was talking about. You have it with the alloy ir or you just don´t.
Those differences make every album tone different even the amp settings are the same.

I didn't use any of the Alloys IRs, I used individual IRs (actually, always a MD421 and a SM57 for JP tones) and try to find the best/cosest combination of them.
It may be the guitar/pickups..
If you need some help, just PM me and I can try to make it as good as possible on your setup! =)

I didn't use any of the Alloys IRs, I used individual IRs (actually, always a MD421 and a SM57 for JP tones) and try to find the best/cosest combination of them.
If you need some help, just PM me and I can try to make it as good as possible on your setup! =)
Thanks!
No need to work on this too much. It´s just interesting to compare these with different guitars.

Exactly, and I'd like to add that not only the guitar pickups but the whole guitar itself. (geometry, wood type, construction, etc)

I can feel some good differences between my JP guitars (JPM100 / JP6 / JP13)
IMO the JPM and the JP6 have pretty much the same sound and feel, except that JPMs Steve's Special/Air Norton combo have less output than the Crunch Lab/Liquifire, which gives some very good single note clarity and definition in the high gain end.

When it comes to differences between JP6 and the 13 they are bigger, especially on the "feel". IMO The 13 is heavier, both weight and sound, liquidier, smoother and the Illuminators seems to have even more output than the CL/LF.

Summing up, the so called "JP Main Rhythm Tone" has a "generic" recipe that can be achieved by getting rid of the bass on the preamp stage than adding latter with the classic Mark series EQ + scooping the mids and pumping some of the upper mids and highs, BUT "dat beyond this life bridge 1 section tone" e.g is a function of guitar used + amp + cab micing techniques + post processing/mixing tricks + JP's talent (mainly :lol)

Anyway, great job Vitor, your presets are awesome! Even more now with the great Clark's IRs that are spot on and my go to IRs for high gain stuff :encouragement:

Listen to the low end on those different JP guitars. Do some palm mutes and compare. That's where you'll see clear differences. D-Sonic and everything after that has a super tight low end. IMO the D-Sonic was the best pickup... I actually sold all other JP guitars when I got this BFR with D-Sonics and the roasted maple neck. :)

Back
Top Bottom