ToneClone - John Petrucci #1 (fw17.00 + Cab Pack 7)

Wait...are you saying there never was any vegan joke??!!!!???

My original joke was actually a bad joke.. that's why I deleted it. :lol It was just about these tones being a bit too "beefy" for a vegan... but here's a good one:

A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says: "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."

My take on this is that I don't pay for untested presets. 90% of presets that sound great when someone else recorded them won't sound the same when i play them. If I'm able to test presets first and they work for me, sure why not, but $5 or $10 for a preset? No....
Fremen have the donate option. His presets really work for me so I've donated to him a couple of times. But he has 3 banks full of presets and i don't need much tweaking to make them sound absolutely great. So I think he deserves some encouragement for sharing his work.
Everyone chooses what they wanna do but my guess is if your presets are good for the majority you'll have more money coming in with the donate option.

About making money with presets. I'm one of those who has shared so many presets over the years so I know that their life span is usually less than a month depending on the firmware updates especially when there's tone matching in the preset.

And honestly... who doesn't know how to tone match at this point? And in addition at least I get better results with iZotope Ozone 5's match EQ.

Hah.. I started thinking "didn't I do this like years ago?" and no one really cared? Yes I did.. it was 2010... soon it'll be 5 years ago: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/user-cabs-irs/30989-clark-kent-john-petrucci-ir-collection-[free].html

Just to give you guys some perspective. That was a year before the Kemper Profiling Amp was released... so also at least a year before Tone Matching was a feature for the Axe-Fx. :) And haters will now be like I'm being uppity but I did introduce match EQ to this forum whether you like it or not. :)

My original joke was actually a bad joke.. that's why I deleted it. :lol It was just about these tones being a bit too "beefy" for a vegan... but here's a good one:

A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says: "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."

At last, the payoff! That is a good joke. In fact, for that joke and $5, I could buy a preset. :^)

No problems guys, I can share the presets in any way =)
The goal was not to make money from this, it was actually to raise money for me to take my guitar and Axe with me and pay some studio when traveling, so I can continue to work on this..
But if you guys think it isn't fair or that the presets may not translate, I'm totally cool with that =)

The forum owes you one!

the "forum" will never give him anything. donation is the way to go for presets, but very few ever donate for or buy anyone's work without the official FAS backing.

seems like the rug was pulled out from under Vitor just trying to fund himself to continue to do good work. but a nice way to plug Cab Pack 7 with those free presets.

they are truly great IRs, best i've ever tried. i'm using the 57/421 alloy #1 for everything. congrats on getting the official relationship with FAS, clark.

the "forum" will never give him anything. donation is the way to go for presets, but very few ever donate for or buy anyone's work without the official FAS backing.

seems like the rug was pulled out from under Vitor just trying to fund himself to continue to do good work. but a nice way to plug Cab Pack 7 with those free presets.

they are truly great IRs, best i've ever tried. i'm using the 57/421 alloy #1 for everything. congrats on getting the official relationship with FAS, clark.

Actually, I really want to convince more people to buy the Cab Pack 7. It changed the way I approach my tones and I want to convince more people to buy it and let it change their approaches too! =)

Back
Top Bottom