ToneClone - John Petrucci #1 (fw17.00 + Cab Pack 7)

Correct, but Vitor was trying to cop Marco's Tone from this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7YIWOSBX_U), where he was playing through a Mesa Marv V combo, not the Axe2. I, and I'm assuming Vitor, prefer this tone to what's on the album.

Exactaly! =)
IMHO this tone sounds way better than the album's tone..

IMHO, Sfogli's best lead tone is on the song Andromeda from his first album. Don't be fooled by the Mesa Lone Star sitting on top of the rack behind Marco in this video, he's actually playing through a Mesa Studio Preamp/2:90 power amp that's in the rack. He only used this setup for the lead tone on this song and opted for various guitar software plugins for the rest of the album (he did however use the Studio Pre/2:90 for many, if not all, of the albums rhythm parts). Why he chose to use the plugins instead the Studio Pre/2:90, I'll never understand. This is not only my favorite of Marco's, it's is my favorite lead tone of all time. To me, this is absolute perfection:

I could try to create this one too if you wish! =)

Thanks for the patches Vitor. Haven't tried them yet because I had to wait till "pay day" before I could purchase Cab Pack 7. :razz Will hopefully give them a run-through tonight.

Hahaha buy it if you didn't yet! It is worth every penny!
And thanks for the kind words!

I could try to create this one too if you wish! =)

make-it-so-captain.jpg

Hahaha buy it if you didn't yet! It is worth every penny!

Just bought it tonight. :)

I only heard the song after seeing this thread. But damn you nailed it, great work man and nice playing in your clip. Also, thanks for sharing the patch, sounds great with my guitar!

I only heard the song after seeing this thread. But damn you nailed it, great work man and nice playing in your clip. Also, thanks for sharing the patch, sounds great with my guitar!

Thank you so much! =)
I'd love to listen to it through your gear!

Wow this is awesome Vitor, thanks. I still can't seem to get the TM thing down. Alot has to do with the time to actually sit down and figure it out. I know people have been requesting. If you think you have time to tackle a couple of TMs for me let me know and I will PM you.

Back
Top Bottom