• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Tone Test - "ML - Mikko N' Fortus - Impulses for Destruction"

shaunb

Experienced

Here's a little Gunners(ish) rock song to check out the new "ML - Mikko N' Fortus - Impulses for Destruction" cab pack from ML Sound Lab. It's just a quick and rough recording to hear how it sounds.

The Soundcloud upload sounds a bit crappy for some reason. Oh well.

I used the Friedman HBE and BE amp models with the ML Fortus Mix B5 and ML Fortus Mix B7 IRs.

As a little Christmas present you can grab the preset if you want it.
The HBE is paired with Mix B7 and the BE with Mix B5.

Attachments

• Friedman ML Fortus test Q9.02.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 64

macphistoo

Inspired

Here's a little Gunners(ish) rock song to check out the new "ML - Mikko N' Fortus - Impulses for Destruction" cab pack from ML Sound Lab. It's just a quick and rough recording to hear how it sounds.

The Soundcloud upload sounds a bit crappy for some reason. Oh well.

I used the Friedman HBE and BE amp models with the ML Fortus Mix B5 and ML Fortus Mix B7 IRs.

As a little Christmas present you can grab the preset if you want it.
The HBE is paired with Mix B7 and the BE with Mix B5.

Great, thank you ! Cant' wait to be back home to try this. I've also bought this pack and I must admit the IR are great ! However, I've did't had much success with the included presets, they sounded weird with my LP. Did you tried them ?

shaunb

Experienced
Great, thank you ! Cant' wait to be back home to try this. I've also bought this pack and I must admit the IR are great ! However, I've did't had much success with the included presets, they sounded weird with my LP. Did you tried them ?

The presets included in the pack are brighter than I usually use but seem to work in a mix really well if you are gunning for the GN'R sound (pun intended).
I like the MLnIR's and Izzy Jungle presets a lot but I do change out the cabs to ML Fortus Mix B7 and B5 as they are my favourites in the pack. So that's just a personal preferance thing.
I also like the 4tus clean Nov Rain preset with the trem turned off. Just sounds really nice to me.

I know the MLnIR's preset is one that Mikko made and I'm almost certain that was made with a Les Paul with Burstbuckers if that helps.
The rest are made by Richard Fortus and with his gear in mind. Pretty sure he uses Les Pauls a fair bit but he does use a Gretsch White Falcon a lot. So some of those tones are possibly dialed in on Filterton pickups.

My preset was dialed in on a PRS with a Duncan JB in the bridge. Give it a go and see if that works for you.
I use an XL+, so if you don't you can eith convert using FracTool or let me know and I'll post the settings.

Top Bottom