Tone Test - "ML - Mikko N' Fortus - Impulses for Destruction"

shaunb

Experienced

Here's a little Gunners(ish) rock song to check out the new "ML - Mikko N' Fortus - Impulses for Destruction" cab pack from ML Sound Lab. It's just a quick and rough recording to hear how it sounds.

The Soundcloud upload sounds a bit crappy for some reason. Oh well.

I used the Friedman HBE and BE amp models with the ML Fortus Mix B5 and ML Fortus Mix B7 IRs.

As a little Christmas present you can grab the preset if you want it.
The HBE is paired with Mix B7 and the BE with Mix B5.

Attachments

• Friedman ML Fortus test Q9.02.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 66

Here's a little Gunners(ish) rock song to check out the new "ML - Mikko N' Fortus - Impulses for Destruction" cab pack from ML Sound Lab. It's just a quick and rough recording to hear how it sounds.

The Soundcloud upload sounds a bit crappy for some reason. Oh well.

I used the Friedman HBE and BE amp models with the ML Fortus Mix B5 and ML Fortus Mix B7 IRs.

As a little Christmas present you can grab the preset if you want it.
The HBE is paired with Mix B7 and the BE with Mix B5.

Great, thank you ! Cant' wait to be back home to try this. I've also bought this pack and I must admit the IR are great ! However, I've did't had much success with the included presets, they sounded weird with my LP. Did you tried them ?

Great, thank you ! Cant' wait to be back home to try this. I've also bought this pack and I must admit the IR are great ! However, I've did't had much success with the included presets, they sounded weird with my LP. Did you tried them ?

The presets included in the pack are brighter than I usually use but seem to work in a mix really well if you are gunning for the GN'R sound (pun intended).
I like the MLnIR's and Izzy Jungle presets a lot but I do change out the cabs to ML Fortus Mix B7 and B5 as they are my favourites in the pack. So that's just a personal preferance thing.
I also like the 4tus clean Nov Rain preset with the trem turned off. Just sounds really nice to me.

I know the MLnIR's preset is one that Mikko made and I'm almost certain that was made with a Les Paul with Burstbuckers if that helps.
The rest are made by Richard Fortus and with his gear in mind. Pretty sure he uses Les Pauls a fair bit but he does use a Gretsch White Falcon a lot. So some of those tones are possibly dialed in on Filterton pickups.

My preset was dialed in on a PRS with a Duncan JB in the bridge. Give it a go and see if that works for you.
I use an XL+, so if you don't you can eith convert using FracTool or let me know and I'll post the settings.

Back
Top Bottom