1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Tip: Back up with Fractal-Bot

Discussion in 'Tech Notes' started by Admin M@, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Freds55

Freds55
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Oh ok good to know about the presets in a newer fw possibly being blanks in older fw.

So do you run into any issue with current settings you’ve created going to new fw and them not working right after

2. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

No... It's mostly a matter of something in the new FW that might adversely affect the presets I've created. Typically this would be some sort of change to the modeling algorithms or some bug that affects me.

On the Axe Fx II, I don't recall reverting FW more than once or twice from 2013-2019.

Usually, it's recommended to not update right before a gig...

In cases where there is a significant change to your sound, you can choose to revert or update your presets. For some, updating can be a real chore.

Everyone if different ;)

Freds55 likes this.
  3. Rex

Rex
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Each backup contains the date and time it was made, and that information is put into the filename. That means each backup will have a different filename, so they will never write over each other. :)

Freds55 likes this.
  4. Freds55

Freds55
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Thanks really appreciate you all for taking the time and helping me out with fw undate information. I think I will add fw number to the file description along with the saved date.

5. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Not a bad idea!

Freds55 likes this.