Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

I think an ‘overpriced’ but fully featured controller for my $2500 top of the line guitar processor would be preferable than a cheaper, yet less well intergrated controller for my $2500 processor.

Back when I was into sports cars and Solo II autocross I really, really hated the cost of z-rated tires for 18” rims as they would run me well over $1000 a set, and wore quickly at that.

What would of been worse though was buying a $500 set of economy tires and constantly dealing with limited traction, cornering grip etc.

I spent a lot on my cars and mod work etc, can’t cheap out on the tires, otherwise what’s the point of everything else ?

Back when I was into sports cars and Solo II autocross I really, really hated the cost of z-rated tires for 18” rims as they would run me well over $1000 a set, and wore quickly at that.

Hmmmnnn - seems pretty inexpensive compared to the 19" Nittos I was buying (245F, 305R) - or the Michelins, or the Bridgestones or the Pirellis. Then of course the brakes and the omnipresent "___fill_in_the_blank___" for something else that broke each year. I guess it's all relative ;)

As for the FCs, I'm ready for them to start shipping. Ready to go man - Take my $$$$$$! :)

I wonder if anyone has tried a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro with an Axe FX3

I’m currently using a GCP. It works fine. No tuner on the display, nor blinking tempo light, but it works for my simple needs. I’m about to evaluate a mastermind LT to replace it for compactness. I’m on the waitlist for FC, but waiting on the release and some info/ manual to determine if I will upgrade from the GCP/LT to an FC, or perhaps even a MMGT.

I wonder if anyone has tried a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro with an Axe FX3

The problem is the III doesn't have the power pass through like the II does, where you can plug the GCP power adapter into the back of the Axe FX, and it passes it down extra pins on the MIDI cable. This means I haven't even been able to try using my GCP with my III yet, because the III won't even accept the 7 pin MIDI cable. I'll have to find a 5 pin one to try. I think otherwise, it won't be any different than when I used it with my II.

I use it. It works without problems.
And are you doing scene or channel changes? Or just presets and IAs?

The problem with replies like "it works fine" is that they sort of give the impression that it can handle all the typical requirements.

I know from first hand experience that it is pretty limited if you want to do scene changes (with the Axe Fx II), and the Axe Fx III is no different there, plus adds channels to the mix.

Sounds like it works well for your use case, but it would definitely not work fine for mine... Which is why I moved away from the Ground Control (original and Pro) after using them for a long time (about 10 years) with other gear. Also, the limits on which buttons can do what functions is annoying.

Hopefully this doesn't come across the wrong way. Just trying to make sure people know the limits.

And are you doing scene or channel changes? Or just presets and IAs?

The problem with replies like "it works fine" is that they sort of give the impression that it can handle all the typical requirements.

I know from first hand experience that it is pretty limited if you want to do scene changes (with the Axe Fx II), and the Axe Fx III is no different there, plus adds channels to the mix.

Sounds like it works well for your use case, but it would definitely not work fine for mine... Which is why I moved away from the Ground Control (original and Pro) after using them for a long time (about 10 years) with other gear. Also, the limits on which buttons can do what functions is annoying.

Hopefully this doesn't come across the wrong way. Just trying to make sure people know the limits.

No problem. But it is fine for me. And your argument can be turned 180 degrees - just because it dosen't work for you it dosen't mean it won't work for others. And you did use it for 10 years ... so ...

Of course I can't vouch for anybody else needs and purposes. No one can. But people can ask about the specifics. So let's stick to that.

I use scenes. Toopy14 has made this walk through: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/voodoo-labs-gcpro-and-axe-fx-scenes.94071/ - and I change channels pr. scene.

As anyone else I'm looking forward to see and hear about the FC line of controllers. They will probably kick ass on all other controllers.

Until then I get by just fine with the GCP.

No problem. But it is fine for me. And your argument can be turned 180 degrees - just because it dosen't work for you it dosen't mean it won't work for others. And you did use it for 10 years ... so ...

Of course I can't vouch for anybody else needs and purposes. No one can. But people can ask about the specifics. So let's stick to that.

I use scenes. Toopy14 has made this walk through: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/voodoo-labs-gcpro-and-axe-fx-scenes.94071/ - and I change channels pr. scene.

As anyone else I'm looking forward to see and hear about the FC line of controllers. They will probably kick ass on all other controllers.

Until then I get by just fine with the GCP.
All fair points - no disagreement.

I'm still shocked this thing hasn't been released. I'm getting very impatient.

Perhaps, however, please bear in mind; This is not a Fractal, but "available" resource issue.

Have no doubt Fractal is far more distraught about this than anyone. I prefer to express more empathy for Fractal.

Soon...

I have total faith that the FC's will kick a$$.

What's not going to happen (IMO) is Fractal releasing a product to control and work only with their flagship product, that a lot A-list pro artists use (not to mention a lot of us regular folks), that isn't a cutting edge product to match.

Total confidence in FAS.

I would just like to understand how it is intended to function with the Axe-III - with example scenarios - so I can determine if I need the FC-6 or 12 before I'm faced with the offer to purchase.

we might not have that luxury. in which case i'll get a 12, if i don't need all that, i'll return it for a 6.

It looks like the 12 is a little too wide to store and transport in a normal rack case, which I would really like. So leaning towards the 6 while waiting to see how they function and then assessing my actual needs.

Back
Top Bottom