Timing on availability of exact specs/photos of FC-6/12

I'm finding myself more 'on the fence' as I see additional confirmation of the design. I'm not sure the level of interactivity implied by what I'm seeing is enough to make me go for this.

Edit: Well, it looks like every worry that was bugging me has been addressed positively...so it's time to send my inner Eeyore packing. I'm all in!

Last edited:
I just watched this video of Dweezil Zappa's and wondered if he would still be able to do all the things he is able to do now with his MFC-101 and two Axe FXIIs, if he was using two Axe FXIII's and an FC-12 controller instead. He is able to control both Axe FX units and turn on and off various other pedals from the MFC-101.
Will the FC-12 have all those same capabilities or not?

I never intentionally change presets or banks within a song. I'm planning to use only scenes and IAs on my primary layout, and then I'll probably assign one switch with press and hold to bring up a second layout that I can use for changing banks and presets.
Externals for preset and bank changes seem very attractive. You don't need them to sync state. They just need to be simple momentary switches to do their thing. If the unit allows for short/long press detection on the external switches too you can even stack tap tempo and tuning on them. We shall see, eh? Mmmm....

Externals for preset and bank changes seem very attractive. You don't need them to sync state. They just need to be simple momentary switches to do their thing. If the unit allows for short/long press detection on the external switches too you can even stack tap tempo and tuning on them. We shall see, eh? Mmmm....
Yeah... I like the tempo to blink the LED so assuming the FC does something similar I'd prefer to keep tap on the board.

But I have some unused external switches and using those for bank up/down is a good idea.

Has anyone seen estimated availability? I’m not pushing, just asking. I’d be good with just knowing the projected season. With the eager-beavers here on the forum, I would under-promise and over-deliver, lol.

typically, controllers and other gear don't include a cable that's very general, like midi, xlr, or similar. it would be more expensive to include it than to let you shop around for your own with the length and features you want from that cable.
oh gotcha....I wasn't sure if it was a proprietary cable...but since a simple XLR that makes the most sense. I always used a midi board with my other AXE Fx...but I'll be exited to add these when they come out.

Last edited:
FC-6 here.
The right choice ?
Hard to say , without really knowing.
I figured I had to do something , even if it's NOT right. LOL.

I went with the FC6 too
I think with per preset layout and the fact that you really can put so much in 1 or 2 presets the 6 should work
what I think I will do is have 3 presets ,3 scene when pressing the switch
preset up down ,tuner ,layout(menu) when holding down switch
I remember asking M about this working and he said he configured that setup in about 2 mins ,so unless something changed that will work

There will be per-preset layouts. They're just not in the firmware yet. The idea is 8 global layouts and 4 per-preset.

That's great news, as it brings the controller back up to the AX8's capabilities. (And, yes, way beyond those...but per preset was critical.) Now if someone would just leak a photo of an FC with custom text in a scribble strip, I would stop worrying entirely. ;)

Last edited:
One HUGE thing for me is sets mode. I have my MFC in sets mode almost always, with the various sets I do with my bands. I hope we can do that with the III and FC-12..............

Can I assume that the four LEDs around each footswitch can indicate what channel you're on for an effect? For example, you have Drive 1 assigned to a switch and pressing the switch turns the block on/off and pressing and holding would cycle through the four channels with each of the quadrants representing a channel? If so, very cool!

Back
Top Bottom