They All Sound the Same, It's About Workflow

I hear the difference in the first two for sure but they still sound basically the same. This is another one of those pop-quizzes that results in revealing a new modeling concept, isn't it? Please say yes.
Hmm.. I interpreted Cliff's sentence as the first two being different than the last two, if he didn't meant that I am deaf too then :sweatsmile:

Well with in-ears they sound different, but I don't trust myself to not be primed for placebo. I actually liked 2 best oddly enough.

EDIT: Ahhh, I turned it up really loud - NOW they sound different. I like the last one best. I can't hear 2 sounding shitter than 3, but I have feeling I'm making a fool out of myself :p

Last edited:
Wow, why am I busting my ass making things so accurate when people can't hear how obviously different the first two are?
The main thing that doesn't translate over speakers is the "feel" for me. Since I picked up my AxeFxIII a little over a year ago I have been amazed with both the sound and feel. So I for one am grateful for your "Ass busting" efforts and achievements.

The main thing that doesn't translate over speakers is the "feel" for me. Since I picked up my AxeFxIII a little over a year ago I have been amazed with both the sound and feel. So I for one am grateful for your "Ass busting" efforts and achievements.
This. I rarely guess from samples but while playing is a different story. And slightly different recording levels in the sample might trick us too

Alright, I'll make a fool of myself. I think 1 is the real amp - the transients hit my ear and poke forward like a mic'd amp should. I think 2 is a modeler as the transients don't quite poke out as much, for better or worse, and the mids sound a bit congested when the chord rings out. 3 sounds like 2 but with less punch overall, and 4 may very well be the same as 1.

That said, I don't think anyone could reliably identify which one is which in a mix with a band.

PS I'm pretty sure this thread is proof that @FractalAudio could hire some savvy marketers and retire early

Back
Top Bottom