They All Sound the Same, It's About Workflow

All the same modeler or different ones? Not quite sure what you're getting at but do you mean to say that all the major modelers can sound great and it's just a matter of going with...something?

They all sound EXACTLY the same, which after all this time is still really exciting and satisfying. Thankfully we don’t need yet another ‘blind test’ to prove it 😂

I feel that for me, this demonstrates that as long as the end result is music, it doesn't matter what gear you use. Whether that tone is generated through a modeler, tube amp, solid state, or plug in, as long as you enjoy the sound and find it inspiring, it's all good. But when it comes to recording and that workflow, I can think of no better solution for me, than the Axe FX. Once I find that inspiring tone, I have it until I change something, and whenever I want to record it, it's only a few clicks away. So, I agree, it is about the workflow.

All the same modeler or different ones? Not quite sure what you're getting at but do you mean to say that all the major modelers can sound great and it's just a matter of going with...something?
I’m guessing it’s the three fractal modellers

First one is the real amp, second is the closest, the other two sound muffled and have a lot of mud on the mid-lows

EDIT: listening again I don't know if amp is #1 or #2, they're pretty close. And also #3 and #4 are pretty close but they sound too bad (to my ears) to be an amp or the axe fx

My hearing has been damaged by too many years of high noise environments at work and playing music, so take these observations with a grain of salt.
The first take seemed brighter / cleaner than the others.
The second take seems to have some extra hair on the sound (and not in a good way).
The one that really stood out to me was take #3. It dipped in volume and fuzzed out on that last chord.
The final take held together the most on the sustained chord at the end.

Edit: I'd say my observations held up pretty well to the reveal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom