Then vs Than!!

Lemme tell yous when I waisted a peace of duck tape hear on my guitar cord. My sound crue laghed alot. Strickly speeking, prolly coz they always loose there's. Irregardless, I no I'm gonna put this on my web sight somday. Definately.

Lemme tell yous when I waisted a peace of duck tape hear on my guitar cord. My sound crue laghed alot. Strickly speeking, prolly coz they always loose there's. Irregardless, I no I'm gonna put this on my web sight somday. Definately.
OMG!

My sister-in-law writes this kind of crap on Facebook all the time... Minus the periods to denote breaks in sentences. And not about guitar.

I'm old enough to remember when ensure meant to make sure that something happens, and insure meant to protect against something happening. It won't be long now before we can buy ensurance policies :)

I also feel like it's usually the native English speakers that struggle with these the most. Maybe it's because we studied grammar by reading text and started speaking afterwards.

I also feel like it's usually the native English speakers that struggle with these the most. Maybe it's because we studied grammar by reading text and started speaking afterwards.
My guess is that, in general, in non-native-English countries, only the higher IQ people try to learn English, so they tend to learn it somewhat well. I won't state the opposite of that in English speaking countries, but you get my point.

My guess is that, in general, in non-native-English countries, only the higher IQ people try to learn English, so they tend to learn it somewhat well. I won't state the opposite of that in English speaking countries, but you get my point.
Oh that's true actually. Education... if you've ever read a book in English you shouldn't have problems with these. Are we crossing that 2016 line where we should stop talking before someone hurts her/his feelings?

"Bring" is totally butchered everywhere.

" I'm going to bring it with me " is not proper English....

Yeah, "Bring vs Take" and "Brought vs Took" is always messed up. It makes me cringe.

This is my understanding: You invite me to your house to watch tv. I like to drink beer when I watch tv so I BRING beer with me... the point of the visit is watching tv.. not drinking beer.

You are watching tv and realize you are out of beer and don't have a car. You call me and ask me to buy you some. I then TAKE you beer.... the point of the visit is you getting beer.

It depends on the original reason for arriving at a destination. Or maybe I'm wrong? All I know is something happens in my brain these two are mixed up.

This is when you hire my cousin Vinny to take care of da problem.

I'm old enough to remember when ensure meant to make sure that something happens, and insure meant to protect against something happening. It won't be long now before we can buy ensurance policies :)

Back
Top Bottom