The sale of Axe-FX units on E-bay is crazy!!!!

Vchild

I remember how hard it was to get a use AXE-FX and Ultra... But now there is a madness on the sales almost 46 units for sale ... :eek:

oops Sorry 46. but the fact is that is crazy the madness and the rush to sale just to get a Axe-fx 2

Last edited:
when i search on ebay for any kind of Item i always do smart search, If you do the search using different terms like ,Axe -fx,Fractal or atomic amps...

Perhaps with a future upgrade we could include a body spray function.

Isn't it all about turning on the girls anyway?

I remember how hard it was to get a use AXE-FX and Ultra... But now there is a madness on the sales almost 46 units for sale ... :eek:

oops Sorry 46. but the fact is that is crazy the madness and the rush to sale just to get a Axe-fx 2

this thread, like all the others, here and on TGP is overly dramatic and belongs in the Lounge :roll

Gosh drama again. Probably less than 1% of the installed base - or thereabout. The actual frenzy is in this neighborhood.

Should make the body spray function controllable, so like when you're using your expression pedal to flop your wah effect around, you can get a nice refreshing spritz at the same time. Great for those gigs with heavy lighting or pyro where you're sweating so much you're in danger of shorting out the whole stage. ;)

Sorry, I don't usually do silly posts, so I figured I was due one. Agreed about moving it to the lounge too. :)

One thing we need to remember..."the sky is NOT falling" on used ultras or standards as some predicted it would.

I think there has been a lot of dumb people going out and panic selling and then claiming that the prices for ultra and standards are way below what they were.

WELL OF COURSE STUPID...BUT YOU DID THAT TO YOURSELF!

It was NOT for the reasons people mention such as blaming the axe fx II for the decrease! It is peoples own panic and desire to settle for anything that drove the prices down!

But if you look on ebay now an ultra is not going for $500.00 as some suggested....it is going for $1,600.00 to $1,800.00 generally. Some idiots were calling the old units a paperweight.....well it seems SOMEONE is buying them! Maybe because they realize they are not as useless as some believe they now are with the axe fx II coming out.

You have to remember one thing....a LOT of people never bought an axe fx of any kind before! So this is a totally new experience for them. And they are still paying good prices for them because even though there is something better on the horizon, they never had anything to compare it with.

Not that many compared to total # out there I'd guess + those who are selling may kick themselves if there's a wait time on the new one.

those who are selling may kick themselves if there's a wait time on the new one.

I have said this before and will say it again, THIS will happen! Count on it. Fractal is a very small company. They are not on places where you do massive ordering like musicians friend.

The reason? The only can produce so many units at a time.

I just have a gut feeling that there are a lot of people that are going to end up without anything when this is released. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am!

Because a lot of folks have already sold their gear to get one on the premise that they will simply replace it in 2 to 4 weeks time....well if that works out for them, then that is great. But I have a feeling it won't.

And think about this....when the first axe fx units came out, nobody knew who Cliff or fractal audio was.....NOW they are a"standard" and a"leader" that people look to when they reference quality built, high end guitar pre amps.

Fractal is just not known in the US as before when they started out...they are worldwide now and a lot of people were still waiting for the first axe fx standards or ultras overseas when this news hit.

So that only adds...not subtracts from the total number of people wanting to buy one.

Again, I just have a bad feeling about this. I think there are going to be a lot of dissapointed people that sold their gear and cannot get a new one because the supply ran dry. When that happens.... look for a lot of those dissapointed people to show up here.

Again, I hope I am wrong, but I sincerely doubt it.

Reactions: jon
I think that people that decided to take the initiative to get in on the first wave are those that have been around long enough to realize that there is a good chance that there'll be a wait time and are prepared to deal with it.

If not then they'll have to learn to deal with it. :razz

No ones going to come out of all of this with any fingers missing.

Back
Top Bottom