The Pop Tart thread

Each civilization brings its unique gifts to our world...

the ancient chinese brought us medicine...

the mayans archictecture...

the greeks mathematics and philosophy...

the United States, spray cheese and pop tarts.

Richard
I love 'em both. And The U.S. gave us"Fractal Audio" With these 3 staples, aint nothin else a growin boy needs :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
I was looking for a diagram showing an orange stained hand on top of a 5 gallon bucket of cheese curls on top of a fat dude asleep on top of a worn out couch in front of a tv... to explain the American food pyramid... but couldn't find one.

They've sold their AxeFX's out of the studio in favor of the Kemper.

Wow not sure how I missed this thread, and not having time to read it all I just read the first couple posts and
jumped to the end here.

Having met Cliff and doing business with him (Ultra & II units) I have zero doubts the Axe has solidified itself as a main stay in the industry.
Those "metal" guys will be re-purchasing Axe FXs in the near future.
Even if the new kid on the block does well, and it probably will, nothing is going to surpass F.A. in quality other then a newer model from F.A.

Just an educated hunch I have being a Sound Engineer for the past 30 years myself. ;-)

Wow not sure how I missed this thread, and not having time to read it all I just read the first couple posts and
jumped to the end here.

Having met Cliff and doing business with him (Ultra & II units) I have zero doubts the Axe has solidified itself as a main stay in the industry.
Those "metal" guys will be re-purchasing Axe FXs in the near future.
Even if the new kid on the block does well, and it probably will, nothing is going to surpass F.A. in quality other then a newer model from F.A.

Just an educated hunch I have being a Sound Engineer for the past 30 years myself. ;-)
I agree, but you are straying too close to the topic.

The Pop Tart thread

Kemper Profiling Amp...an update. Some are favoring over the AxeFx...

Just got off the phone with a very well known engineer/producer in the metal world.

He, and another very well known engineer/producer have been able to get Kemper amps. They're not shipping to the masses for a few more weeks.

They've sold their AxeFX's out of the studio in favor of the Kemper.

I can't disclose their names, because I don't want to bring any kind of poopoo storm without permission, but these guys, IMO, are two of the biggest names in modern metal production. Maybe they've already mentioned it elsewhere, I dunno.

I cannot wait to get my eval unit. I don't care how ugly it is. Even if it doesn't sound better than the AxeFX, it's obviously in a similar ballpark if these guys are favoring it. FWIW, they bought them at an accom price, Kemper didn't give them away...so this isn't a whore endorsement-fueled opinion.

What's really intriguing to me, beyond the stock modeling capabilities, is the ability to "sample" an amp...per my bro this morning, it's some wild voodoo, and the amp clones when sampled sound unbelievable.

Apparently the future of modelers will look like '50's medical equipment, but it's evidently unbelievable!....and cheaper than a snax, at $1850.

:) on the post rename

"ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL"

And now back to the Rock and Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
sounds good. don't get why they made the thing look so terrible though (IMO). looks cheap, and it certainly isn't that. hmm :/

The fact, that the AxeFX is not the only top of the line modeller anymore (it has to share the spot with the Kemper now) makes you so nervous, that you act like kids? You must be very worried! Why does the mod just closes the thread and you are fine again.

Lighten up. Nobody is nervous. Really? Nervous over gear? It was all just a little fun and humor rather than continue a flame war that serves no purpose. Kind of like your post.

Have a wonderful day!

... ahh... I think the politically correct term is "Kellogg challenged" :roll

I just checked this thread not 10 min. ago and it was buried on pg.2 and not active since Jan.6... I was wondering when it would "pop up" again...

Last edited:
The fact, that the AxeFX is not the only top of the line modeller anymore (it has to share the spot with the Kemper now) makes you so nervous, that you act like kids? You must be very worried! Why does the mod just closes the thread and you are fine again.

The HD500 from Line 6 and 11Rack from Avid are top line modelers and have been around far longer than the KPA.

There's no 'spot' to be shared; your entire post is a strawman fallacy. Google that.

Mmm-o-o-o-o-o-mmm! He's touching me! The KPA shills brought this ridicule on themselves IMO. Now, Stratmann, go put a Hot Pocket in the back of your Kemper and tell us how it tastes.

Jim Gaffigan - Beyond the Pale - Hot Pockets - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom