The "Official" unofficial Axe Fx II US Purchase Availability Thread

So it seems that first batch today might have been rather small (or went to people who have not posted or are not on the forum).

Not your fault Orbital. Thanks for all your work here.

I feel like I'm part of a pack of horny monkeys, all trying to catch and hump the same gazelle that randomly appears out of the mist for only 1 minute each day.

Pretty soon I'm just gonna have a banana and take a nap ;)

After 4 hours trying, I'm considering havoc. I picked the only day of the week to take a half day when there's nothing after 12:00EDT.

I used to play guitar, now I plays the keyboard. The QWERTY keyboard.

There's got to be a better, less wasteful system. I wish he'd raise the price to $4000.

Last edited:
Just wanted to thank everyone for posting here and sharing their bot experience. It helped me and I do appreciate it.

Also, I just wanted everyone to know that I contacted Yahoo about their small business platform and suggested they add functionality similar to what Ticketmaster does it (with a time limit) and let those who have an item in their cart stay there for a reasonable amount of time to fill out the info. Yahoo promptly responded (good service) and asked for more info. I made it clear it was a suggestion for them and not Fractal. Fractal is relying on a system that works well, but any system can always be improved. If users don't send feedback, then it never gets addressed. Hopefully, my suggestion will help lower the frustration of buying high demand products through their small business platform. I'm sure Fractal will have other great products in the future, so next time we still might have to rely on luck to get it in our cart, but can then relax and pay for it without having a stroke. :)

Good points, but one thing to point out I think a lot of people who are not even buying are placing (or at least were trying) Axe FX IIs in their cart etc. It might be still a bit crazy with people ditching their carts. I still agree that you should at least have 1 minute to complete your order. I just wish there wasn't 3,000 miles between Nashua and Seattle! Darn it...

... I just wish there wasn't 3,000 miles between Nashua and Seattle! Darn it...
Wanna do a carpool? ;) Google says we can do it in two days and two hours. If we split the gas that comes to about $250 each, so we save $150 a piece unless we eat or sleep (in a bed) on the way. Of course that assumes we get the lower price...

slim1.jpg

"Slim Pickens" indeed.

Last edited:
Wanna do a carpool? ;) Google says we can do it in two days and two hours. If we split the gas that comes to about $250 each, so we save $150 a piece unless we eat or sleep (in a bed) on the way. Of course that assumes we get the lower price...

and stop in WI and pick me up on the way. i got gas money!!

I've been going back and forth on this, but I got one yesterday in the 4:40 bunch. Was pure luck. Was working at home after kids' graduations in the morning. Every hour or so I hit purchase a few times and eventually there it was. No bots or tricks. Typed all my info in from scratch as fast as I could and fortunately made no mistakes. Got a shipping notice today. Keep the faith guys.
That's good news. I haven't had the time to sit and bang on my Mac for hours on end. When I do get a chance to attempt to get one in the cart, I've been relying on the good ol' fashioned key punch method. So far, I've not even got one in the cart. Always shows 'unavailable'. So if it worked for you, there's hope. ;-)

That's good news. I haven't had the time to sit and bang on my Mac for hours on end. When I do get a chance to attempt to get one in the cart, I've been relying on the good ol' fashioned key punch method. So far, I've not even got one in the cart. Always shows 'unavailable'. So if it worked for you, there's hope. ;-)

I got one yesterday without a bot. My second attempt. The first time I was too slow. Google auto-filled the second time.

My main gripe is that it takes UPS 7 days to drive my Axe II across country to me. Okay, I'm not really complaining. I'm just happy I got one!

Man, It's crazy when you stop and think about it: Cliff has created such a revolutionary device, folks are willing to go great lengths to get their Axe. Bots, scripts, macros, driving thousands of miles... When has something that could inspirate such religious devotion happened before, in the Musical instruments history?

Back
Top Bottom