The "Official" unofficial Axe Fx II US Purchase Availability Thread

I got some more info tonight from a user. The extra batches of units aren't additional units. They are cancelled orders from those buying multiple units in the first wave for the day. I kinda suspected that might be the case. I got this directly from someone who accidentally bought extra units and had them cancelled (he just didn't want to be named understandably based on how some folks act on this forum).

I got some more info tonight from a user. The extra batches of units aren't additional units. They are cancelled orders from those buying multiple units in the first wave for the day. I kinda suspected that might be the case. I got this directly from someone who accidentally bought extra units and had them cancelled (he just didn't want to be named understandably based on how some folks act on this forum).

That makes sense; but seems strange to me. My original ordering "process" was plagued with the problem of accidentally adding an extra unit to my order. In the two occasions it happened, the store did not allow me to proceed.

Unless these are users who are buying a single unit for a second time, or placing multiple single orders.

Correction. Multiple single orders and multiple two unit orders. All "extras" cancelled though.

FAS is being strict about the one per customer policy. I suspect anyone attempting to order more than one could risk getting none if they are in a bad mood.

Well, the liitle guy wins one. After several days of hitting the store during the noonish releases which cost me about 5 hours and another several hours of random 5 min shopping I had carted and lost about 5 times. I at first had solicited a script from a fellow forum poster and he was kind enough to pass it on after he snagged one. After reading all the posts claiming foul I chose not to use it for 1) It was a request of Fractal and I respect them, and 2) I didn't want any possible backlash for the poster who was so kind to supply it to begin with.

With all that said, I was actually typing a post in a thread here about an hour ago on my Xoom and my girlfriend hopped on the PC and says I'll give it a shot. 3rd try shes in the cart. All my shipping data is already in from previous tries and she types in the credit info in a flash and *poof* she gets it! Unbelievable. So it is possible without the scripts and autofills. It's more just timing luck IMO as I am sure others were faster and I have been faster previously. And now I have the blessing of saying "Well you ordered it" when she gives me that "look" we sometimes get from the better half when off in toneville. :)

As for the extra $400? Sure I wish I could have got it for the cheaper price. Heck, it could easily be next week that I would have come up on the list floating around here as I was about 25 on it. But in reality we dont know if that is 25 or 125 with all the other non forum customers and/or lack of forum participation in the list. Thus my "inflamatory" comments that all this speculation should not be presented as "facts". None of us really knows the numbers Fractal are shipping out and I "choose" to pay the extra cash in hopes to end this quest as soon as possible. If my number comes up soon and the store gets supplied quicker then it was a bad call. Either way it was my choice and I am happy to be done with it. Fractal profiting more because of the crazy demand bothers me not at all. It's the way this country was buit and any businessman would maximize profits "if that is their intent". How many here were going to cough up dollars to help out Cliff & Co if the product failed and he lost all his investment? Hmmmm

So I wish everybody the best in their decisions and quest, I am living proof that the non bot can score with some luck.

Note: Or8ital: Please remove me from your avatar comments. Enough is enough. Good luck.

Last edited:
Great for you cobbler! When did you score? Must have been this evening? First time
any product was offered at after 5PM. Great that you are finally done with the madness.

Seems to me all this 'Wild West' nonsense on the Store could be solved immediately by bumping
the List Price to an untenable level ($3-4K range) and beginning the Wait List in a calm,
orderly fashion.

Great for you cobbler! When did you score? Must have been this evening? First time
any product was offered at after 5PM. Great that you are finally done with the madness.

Seems to me all this 'Wild West' nonsense on the Store could be solved immediately by bumping
the List Price to an untenable level ($3-4K range) and beginning the Wait List in a calm,
orderly fashion.

11:26 EDT email from Fractal. Got it a few mins earlier. Lucky charm girlfriend! Heck, in hindsight I would have paid 3k 2 weeks ago to avoid all the bitterness around here. I could easily earn 1K in the hours I spent hitting the cart button. :) but I had some down time all week and didnt mind giving it a daily shot

I am not going to get in the list argument anymore. I said my little 2 cents earlier and was ridiculed and mocked for having an opinion. I just wanted to post to let people know that it is possible and there is another spot open.

Last edited:
orderly fashion.

That would only be good for people high up on the list. This way people far down the list still have a real option. I can't believe how many guys were on the forum at 8 or 9 am on a Sunday, Father's Day no less, to learn about the wait list and jumping on. Don't any of you guys gig Saturday night? Are you not Dads? Do you not have Dads? Do you not have lives? :)

On the other hand smilefan.. your argument on this matter is helping fuel to the current wild west nonsense. People are thinking "damn, I better buy one quick at 2599 before Cliff jacks the price up to $3-4K range".

I was actually working fathers day because I was on call. I always check the web site first thing in the morning,It's become a habit for me lately. I saw the List and sent in my email at 9:19 eastern time. I used to like to watch Cops and Jail for all the Drama, now I just go here. My 02 Cents is that we will all get one we just need to be patient and rational. Leave the emotions on the stage that's where they belong. Remember it's a tool, just like a guitar is a tool. Spend time have fun enjoy each others company but you need to get back on the instrument and practice. You get on a list and you wait your turn.

Just need something to plug it into:

540c2763.jpg
[/QUO

Dude can someone please tell me how to Attach pics?

That would only be good for people high up on the list. This way people far down the list still have a real option. I can't believe how many guys were on the forum at 8 or 9 am on a Sunday, Father's Day no less, to learn about the wait list and jumping on. Don't any of you guys gig Saturday night? Are you not Dads? Do you not have Dads? Do you not have lives? :)

On the other hand smilefan.. your argument on this matter is helping fuel to the current wild west nonsense. People are thinking "damn, I better buy one quick at 2599 before Cliff jacks the price up to $3-4K range".

I was on Sunday morning at 6AM PST BECAUSE I gigged. Got home at 4:30AM, jumped on line cuz' I was too jazzed to sleep.

The wild west show is continuing, and will continue, because Fractal wants it to. Not because of any opinion of mine.
And I don't see why someone would think "I better buy at $2599", instead of "I better get in line (and save $400)".

Last edited:
And I don't see why someone would think "I better buy at $2599", instead of "I better get in line (and save $400)".

Because the resale value on the Ultra could drop by $400 by the time the demand has dropped enough to start servicing people way down on the list.

I was awake Sunday morning because I was half-way through a double shift of work, and I had a moment to jump online inbetween calls.

I've been trying to grab more overtime to help pay for this magic box, if I ever actually get a chance to give fractal my $ that is. ;)

Batch will likely be posted sometime in the next 3 hours based on history. Yesterday was 1:30. Previously it had usually been between 2 and 2:30.

Back
Top Bottom