The mother of all effects matching thread

Working the tc1210 now. I haven't had time to get back to it for a while. I am working on a couple of other projects right now. I'll probably get back to it after the 15th.

I've got a substantial collection of EarthQuaker Devices pedals begging to be matched. Would that strike anyone's fancy? ;)

The TRI Chorus was mentioned in the first post. Holy grail of chorusses.(In other posts).

I tried to find out more about it on the Internet and Youtube. Only a few clips are tobe found.

Can somebody plese tell med what is happening on this machine. I would try to emulate the sound.

aaen

Looking forward on your attempt at the EH Electric Mistress.

Has someone already achieved a good Electric Mistress emulation?

My vote goes for the Frank Zappa Dynaflange sound. many have tried none (besides Dweezil himself) have achieved! :)

Has someone already achieved a good Electric Mistress emulation?

My vote goes for the Frank Zappa Dynaflange sound. many have tried none (besides Dweezil himself) have achieved! :)

My vote as well goes for the Frank Zappa Dynaflange sound. It is such a cool sound and yet no Axe FX presets that come close is to be found. Dweezil himself has achieved it with the Axe2 so it is proven possible! :D

Hi guys,

new AFXII owner here. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to route the feedback of a delay into another effect block? That is, only the delay's repeats would be affected by the block it would be sent to, and your dry signal would not be affected.

I'm wondering if the feedback send and return blocks couldn't do the trick? Something like...

Delay -> feedback send -> phaser -> feedback return -> same delay as before
L-> rest of chain

That's about the best I can figure, although my gut tells me it's so wrong... essentially just hitting the delay twice, the second time with a phaser in front of it. And it'd probably create an infinite loop if I'm not mistaken.

The thing that spurred this request is the Greenhouse Retro Sky delay: Greenhouse Effects Retro Sky Delay - YouTube

Thanks in advance for any help you guys might have!

EDIT: Or maybe I am just way over-thinking things? Maybe run a delay in parallel to the dry signal, set its mix to 100%, follow it with a phaser (or whatever), and run that back into the dry signal? Maybe use the feedback send/return if I run out of space and want to hit a specific point in my chain with the return?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

new AFXII owner here. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to route the feedback of a delay into another effect block? That is, only the delay's repeats would be affected by the block it would be sent to, and your dry signal would not be affected.

I'm wondering if the feedback send and return blocks couldn't do the trick? Something like...

Delay -> feedback send -> phaser -> feedback return -> same delay as before
L-> rest of chain

That's about the best I can figure, although my gut tells me it's so wrong... essentially just hitting the delay twice, the second time with a phaser in front of it. And it'd probably create an infinite loop if I'm not mistaken.

The thing that spurred this request is the Greenhouse Retro Sky delay: Greenhouse Effects Retro Sky Delay - YouTube

Thanks in advance for any help you guys might have!

That is the way to do it. Split the signal off before it (parallel routing) and set the delay mix at 100%. Set the feedback in the delay block to 0. Control the amount of feedback. With the feedback return level.

Wow! You guys are quick! I was just thinking that same thing and you responded during my edit C:
Thanks man!

Wow! You guys are quick! I was just thinking that same thing and you responded during my edit C:
Thanks man!
You need the feedback and return for it work. Btw I noticed you have the feedback return and send backward in you example. You want to use then send at the end of the chain and return at the beginning.

You need the feedback and return for it work. Btw I noticed you have the feedback return and send backward in you example. You want to use then send at the end of the chain and return at the beginning.

but wait, the output of the send -> the input of the return...?
wouldn't it need to be like this:

(stuff) -> send -> return (separate from dry signal line) -> delay -> more stuff -> shunt to dry signal?

...or same concept but with both the send & return at the end of the chain?

I tried to upload a pic of what I'm talking about, but it wouldn't show up.

And would I just need it to control the feedback loop's level, essentially mixing in the delay to taste if the delay mix is set to 100%?

but wait, the output of the send -> the input of the return...?
wouldn't it need to be like this:

(stuff) -> send -> return (separate from dry signal line) -> delay -> more stuff -> shunt to dry signal?

...or same concept but with both the send & return at the end of the chain?

I tried to upload a pic of what I'm talking about, but it wouldn't show up.

And would I just need it to control the feedback loop's level, essentially mixing in the delay to taste if the delay mix is set to 100%?

No,

You need the out put of the delayed/effected signal chain to feedback in to the input of the delay like this:
sendreturna.jpg

On send set send and output level to 100%
on return set mix to 100%, on level start with the level very low and bring up slowly until you achieve the desired amount of feedback.

On the delay set mix at 100%, feedback at 0% (the return level is your feedback control)

substitute a phaser for the flanger here

Last edited:
However, it adds a bandpass filter to the repeats, not a phaser.
Single pole phasing! That video has a pretty simple phased delay approach to it. Nothing as complicated as feeding the phased signal back in to the delay line. You could get away with a phaser right after the delay on a parallel route.

Single pole phasing! That video has a pretty simple phased delay approach to it. Nothing as complicated as feeding the phased signal back in to the delay line. You could get away with a phaser right after the delay on a parallel route.

Except its using a bandpass (like a wah) instead of an allpass filter. I haven't looked at the video. I was going by his description and using the feedback send and return in general.

Last edited:
I really like how the notching on the signal gets more and more pronounced with each repeat as you layer the phasing on top of the phasing. That's way more complex and tasty than the video's sound.

And that is just with a 2 pole (phase 45). You can get some really cool stuff with 4 or even 8 poles.

Back
Top Bottom