The mother of all effects matching thread

JJ - lil' question

some stomps are a bit kinda noisy, lo-fi and crap..
which to my ears contributes to some of their character

have you considered possible ways to recreate this in the Axe???

personally I'd like to find a way to make the phaser a little nastier and chewier

No, not unless it REALLY contributes to the sound. My goal is, where possible to keep the routing simple as possible so you can bypass/move easily and other can use.
If you want noise that is pretty easy to add with white or pink noise from the synth.

My vote goes to the Boss PH-2 Super Phaser Pedal. I'm trying to get Incubus' Mike Einzigher's setting for the bridge of The Warmth and it's driving me crazy!

I plan to go through my pedals/rack system (at least the most sought after ones) and figure out how to get them close as possible.

I would like input as to which users would like to see first. Keep in mind more complicated ones will take longer to figure out. I am going to probably start with the chorus/flangers and go from there.
I am working on the tri-stereo now but that is probably going to take some time as it is fairly tricky. I'll keep a tab on what people want to see matched. I would like to stick to pedals I own. I am finding too much misinformation on the web regarding many pedals/racks properties.

Here is a list of some of my effects:
/TABLE]

Oufff...Hope you get those fixed some day, once you're finished - in a year or 3 - selling them might finance an Axe Fx III if that happens someday ! Personnally I'd start with a Whammy IV

Does the Eclipse to the Liqui-Flange patch that the ModFactor does? I love what you did with the ADA thing for me years ago, but man, would still like a close copy of Liqu-Flange. :)

Thanks!

My favorite drive is the Butler..and I find that something is missing on the current AXEFX2 version

My vote is (in order)
-Butler Tube Driver
-Timmy
-Strymon El Capistan

Gotta give you props on your tastes.

And I LOVE the Timmy / Tim... But considering how transparent it is and basically just gives you more boost on your amp... Isn't that really easy to do my just increasing the output level / gain on your amp? I do this with Amp X / Y IA switch.

I'll have the Boss CE-1 up in the next day or 2. The Axe-fx is a little different EQ-wise (even with tone match) but its close. I used a flanger instead of chorus because you can manipulate the delay time directly with it. Boss the CE-1 has more of a flanger delay time than chorus.

Sean- I haven't tried the Strymon Leslie sim pedals you have in your list so not sure how they compare to the Neo Instruments Ventilator Rotary Sim Pedal. But I have one and I haven't been able to get a tone like it from the Axe.

I'd be willing to loan it to you if you're interested.

All this said, I'll vote for getting one of the Leslie Sim pedals modeled sooner than later. I use that sound quite often.

The boss ce-1 is about done. I have to gwt the vibrato mode up.
Next up will be ADA flanger, then the boss dimension C

Sean, I don't want to impose, but if I give you the preset numbers of some of the Timeline stuff (maybe 2 or so) would you be up to trying to emulate?
I really really like the shimmer that the Ice has...something about the way it swells in and sustains through changes, and the pitch quality it has...also,
I love the way the delay can feed back into itself, but not get out of control...cannot remember which preset, but I will get a number for both...also..the modulation
in the Timeline is some of the best I have heard...I never could figure out how to make the axe get the same feel as the Timeline...I am loving what I hear on 9 ampwise and
am thinking of taking the plunge again....I just had issues in the past with getting delays like timeline and how the drives responded to the amp..I never was able to dial in
either of these in a way that a timeline and FD2/Nobels/Tim interacted with my badger....anywhooo

Sean, I don't want to impose, but if I give you the preset numbers of some of the Timeline stuff (maybe 2 or so) would you be up to trying to emulate?
I really really like the shimmer that the Ice has...something about the way it swells in and sustains through changes, and the pitch quality it has...also,
I love the way the delay can feed back into itself, but not get out of control...cannot remember which preset, but I will get a number for both...also..the modulation
in the Timeline is some of the best I have heard...I never could figure out how to make the axe get the same feel as the Timeline...I am loving what I hear on 9 ampwise and
am thinking of taking the plunge again....I just had issues in the past with getting delays like timeline and how the drives responded to the amp..I never was able to dial in
either of these in a way that a timeline and FD2/Nobels/Tim interacted with my badger....anywhooo

Sure, I plan getting the Ada and dimension c first though

this is the ice that has been modded (settings here http://f.cl.ly/items/0X3O0T2y1F3r2Y1W2L12/timeline_ice_1.jpg)
i like the way it ducks, but what I really like is how the delay envelopes the notes, but they still retain a very full character...i never could get my
blend of the delays in the axe to react this way...it always seemed like it overtook the basic tone of the amp I was modeling...even in parallel mode...

the pitch sounds so great in this..which I know the axe does a killer job at...but the decay and how the the pitch reacts to chord changes is just great sounding to me
I know you mentioned running things in an effects loop which I am assuming would be fed by the delay to the effects it is repeating to, then returning to the grid..perhaps
that is what I should experiment with

I was surprised this was in "digital" mode, but I like the way what seems like bit-reduced (at 31 seconds) repeats die off and they way they react with his chording, also that
type of preset that continuously feeds, but does not get out of control is what I am looking for too...i'll have to find an example.

This pedal just seems to stay clear while being warm at the same time...

final one (at 2:50-3:50) which demonstrates a sustained repeat with degradation, but it never self oscillates

Don't want to take up too much of your valuable time, just if you ever get bored and look into this I would be interested in hearing what you come up with!

Back
Top Bottom