The Greatest Recto Tone Ever?

So Recto 1 Red doesn’t have negative feedback on those old 2 channel amps? Is that the “equivalent” to the orange channel modern mode in the current 3 channel rectos (multiwatt)?

Recreating the crushing Hybrid Theory tones...

That’s awesome Cooper love that tone , you totally nailed that trademark bump and lift in the chorus that’s so common with those bands like Linkin Park , Nickelback
Hinder , Three days grace
It just sounds like it explodes and you get a wall of guitars and vocals in your face

I normally haven't bonded with Recto tones - too squishy for my taste, but man this preset tickles my happy place. Thanks for sharing and more importantly, thanks for teaching.

I downloaded this preset and OMFG it sounds HUGE! I instantly fell in love with this tone! 🤘I only wish there were 2 pitch blocks on the fm9 so I can use the capo and still have this huge sound!

Last edited:
I was firmly anti-Linkin Park back in the day, I felt like nu metal had run it’s course by 2000… but damn if those guitars don’t sound huge and amazing. Excellent work!

Lol numetal really didnt even get traction until 2002 or so. Heck, numetal is still dominant on rock radio.
Right, it’d become homogenized to the point of mass appeal by then. I appreciated then and still sometimes listen to the early Korn, Deftones, Sepultura-Roots, and Limp Bizkit records for their originality but by the time Crazy Town came on the scene (99-2000ish) it was all over for me.

Did you create this using FW 24.5 or the 25 Beta? Just wondering what difference there is (if any) in the tone with the latest changes. (I'm guessing the 24.5)

Back
Top Bottom