The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

I don't want to jump into this discussion but i noticed there was a typo above. Someone said he requested his coupon in july and received it already. I think he meant to say June. They are still working on the June list.

Cliff should equal the European list with the list of USA and then make a global list. This should be your main concern. He has done everything well, except this.

I've been saying that numerous times.
This shouldn't be to hard to do.
instead we're being ignored.

Until I post some tongue-in-cheek remark in http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/42550-anyone-worried-about-v3-0-a-3.html
Not worried at all.
Since I've only been on the G66 waiting list since may, I guess I won't receive my Axe-Fx II 'till it reaches firmware 5.0:evil

Then I get this:
Please refrain from the snarky remarks.

Thanks,
CC
Otherwise we're being totally ignored.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm buying from a third party, if nobody comes up with an alternative product. Ebay will be my salvation. :D

I don't really believe in supporting companies with a substandard shipping policy, and I'm sure that this is one of the threads that FAS don't even bother to open any more. The lack of replies is indicative of this, as is the stamping on of any related comments in other threads.

The Europeans are left to protest in their own little world, and as long as it doesn't spill over to the first world (ie, US customer forums), then they can deal with it by ignoring it.

I would actually like to know what is going on in their heads, because they have to know the population of Europe is the same as the US (last I read anyway, but I'm open to be corrected). The lack of proper replies is just p***ing off a lot of people, and they're not doing themselves any favours.

I would actually like to know what is going on in their heads, because they have to know the population of Europe is the same as the US (last I read anyway, but I'm open to be corrected). The lack of proper replies is just p***ing off a lot of people, and they're not doing themselves any favours.

Well put!

What you said Woody... just about sums it for me.

Any way its Diezel for me - arrives Monday and looking forward to it. As mentioned before I've given up my place on the G66 waiting list. I know the Axe FX is one hell of a cool piece of kit, but I'm not supporting FAS with my custom. Its all just a darn shame.

So G66 loses another customer because of FAS' retarded shipping policy.
I've placed a bid on a ENGL Invader if the seller accepts before I get my II, I'm keeping the Ultra and cancelling my order.

+1
I just bough a second hand Ultra and I will probably keep it for one year and then sell it to buy a (second hand) Axe-II.

It really shouldnt come to this. The 10 and a bit month wait was hard enough for me ( only because of the initial 4-6 week quote ! ) but for those who missed the December shipment 1st time round only got their units a couple of weeks back making it 11 1/2 months. Seems the waiting list if anything has got longer. I understand the frustrations. If the US orders took 11 - 12 months per customer I cant seem them taking too kindly either. The problem isnt G66, the problem is the warranties.
I've seen so many EU / UK customers now have to import from the US direct with no warranty and from ebay with no warranty ( from people who managed to get 2 !! ). If there's enough units to supply the store, enough to end up on ebay ( and I've seen lots now, way more than I'd like to being a guitarist and not a profitmonger *mumbles* ) it's sad to see the EU dates falling back again and again just like before. And sadder still to see loyal customers ( and sadly now ex customers ) getting so disheartened they have to seek other alternatives.
Sorry to those that couldnt get theirs in time and as neutral as I've tried to be as a buyer and a customer it really would be nice to see something being done to address this problem.
Did the G66 twitter units due 2 Fridays ago ever turn up ? Hoping so for you guys n gals !

It really shouldnt come to this. The 10 and a bit month wait was hard enough for me ( only because of the initial 4-6 week quote ! ) but for those who missed the December shipment 1st time round only got their units a couple of weeks back making it 11 1/2 months. Seems the waiting list if anything has got longer. I understand the frustrations. If the US orders took 11 - 12 months per customer I cant seem them taking too kindly either. The problem isnt G66, the problem is the warranties.
I've seen so many EU / UK customers now have to import from the US direct with no warranty and from ebay with no warranty ( from people who managed to get 2 !! ). If there's enough units to supply the store, enough to end up on ebay ( and I've seen lots now, way more than I'd like to being a guitarist and not a profitmonger *mumbles* ) it's sad to see the EU dates falling back again and again just like before. And sadder still to see loyal customers ( and sadly now ex customers ) getting so disheartened they have to seek other alternatives.
Sorry to those that couldnt get theirs in time and as neutral as I've tried to be as a buyer and a customer it really would be nice to see something being done to address this problem.
Did the G66 twitter units due 2 Fridays ago ever turn up ? Hoping so for you guys n gals!

Yes they did. They were expected at G66 on 28th October and I received mine on 4th November. I joined the waiting list for an Ultra on January 20th and was originally told it would be the end of February when I received one.
Despite the 10 month wait its actually turned out pretty well for me. Obviously its been very frustrating and I've been without an amp for 10 months because I thought I was getting an Axe Fx and couldn't afford to repair my old amp or buy a new one, but in the end I got an Axe Fx 2 instead of an Ultra and only paid an extra £90 for loads of extra features. Plus by pure coincidence it arrived at my door on the first day of my 1 week holiday from work.

I'm only playing it through some Tannoy Reveal 5a monitors but I can only imagine how great it will sound when I get my Zilla cab and a power amp. I'd say it was definitely worth the wait if you just hang in there. Its only been 2 days but I've already forgotten about the past 10 months.

Yes they did. They were expected at G66 on 28th October and I received mine on 4th November. I joined the waiting list for an Ultra on January 20th and was originally told it would be the end of February when I received one.
Despite the 10 month wait its actually turned out pretty well for me. Obviously its been very frustrating and I've been without an amp for 10 months because I thought I was getting an Axe Fx and couldn't afford to repair my old amp or buy a new one, but in the end I got an Axe Fx 2 instead of an Ultra and only paid an extra £90 for loads of extra features. Plus by pure coincidence it arrived at my door on the first day of my 1 week holiday from work.

I'm only playing it through some Tannoy Reveal 5a monitors but I can only imagine how great it will sound when I get my Zilla cab and a power amp. I'd say it was definitely worth the wait if you just hang in there. Its only been 2 days but I've already forgotten about the past 10 months.

Am loving mine too - glad the wheels are still turning on the G66 list. And yeah, am using Dynaudio BM5's and Sennheiser HD202's and it sounds fantastic. Cant imagine how good it sounds through higher end stuff ;) Have fun with yours ! You're right, you do indeed forget about the wait the second you see the courier coming up the road. Am sure everyone on here will feel the same way. It's a sucky long wait but a worthwhile one.

I saw the courier and shot straight out the door to meet him haha.
Did you get a free G66/Fractal shirt with yours? Its very nice but its an XL so 2 sizes too big. Wondering if anyone got a medium or large and wants to swap.

I saw the courier and shot straight out the door to meet him haha.
Did you get a free G66/Fractal shirt with yours? Its very nice but its an XL so 2 sizes too big. Wondering if anyone got a medium or large and wants to swap.

Nope, just a tiny chocalate ladybird ( which I refuse to eat ! ) Lucky you ;)

Every day... maybe just by a mm at a time... it draws you closer and closer...

the ladybird consumes you and resistance is futile! :shock:p:shock

We both know it'll happen ;)
The question is when and why !
New years eve maybe to celebrate my 1st xmas with an Axe II ? After this, pullovers that dont fit and aftershaves that smell like creosote just wont cut it.

We both know it'll happen ;)
The question is when and why !
New years eve maybe to celebrate my 1st xmas with an Axe II ? After this, pullovers that dont fit and aftershaves that smell like creosote just wont cut it.

With any luck I might get to rock around the Xmas tree as I am in the next batch "hopefully" Although hope is in scarce supply with this situation

It makes my palms sweaty and stomach tighten a bit when I read reviews by people who bought an Axe2 ' because they randomly checked the store and there were units in stock'.

Yes, I'm jealous

The 2(0)%-axes-to-europe thing is already old news, we should now be on the fences about getting FW 3.0 out! :lol Luckily FW updates ship to Europe in the same than to america....

Back
Top Bottom