The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

I get exactly what you are saying... hang in there... nothing to loose.... just a bit fed up of waiting thats all.

Yep, as someone who waited just over 10 months I feel for everyone in the same boat. Would love to see them distributed more evenly ! The poor Australians have it even worse. I dont think a single unit has made it out there yet ?

simple math that has been done x times on this forum:
2600 us-dollars for a "skip-the-line" axe fx 2 bought by someone in the us. == roughly 1875 Euros
150 us dollars insured postage to europe == roughly 110 euros
19 % value added tax plus x % customs (i estimate 3 % which are computed from the value of the product PLUS the sipping costs) == overall roughly 2290 euro WITHOUT warranty unless the us person is your friend and willing to handle the package (2 x 110 euros cost for you) in case of trouble.

i decided against this option although i have friends in the us that would (with high probability) handle the issue for me.

My apologies...I figured it in "pounds" and didn't think about the vat as we don't have that here...

My apologies...I figured it in "pounds" and didn't think about the vat as we don't have that here...
no worries man! :) i just wanted to share this example calculation (which is predominantly valid for germany (but i guess for some other eu-countries as well (at least in principle)) to avoid possible disappointments.
rock on! :)

Not sure where $150 insured shipping comes from... I have seen that mentioned a lot.

It was double that to the UK... FULLY insured.. I have seen USPS shipping costs around $150.... But that was insured for about $800 IIRC.

i gave myself a 50-50 shot on the (august)september shipment (based on absolutely nothing :) ). hopefully FAS will ship a plane-load to g66 so we can all stop waiting and start playing :)

ordered in january.

+1 ... Ordered an Ultra back in April ... waiting for more than half a year now... also have the impression that we in EU are treated as second grade customers ... no info at all of the why of all these delays ... even the Dutch railways communicate better with their customers ... where is the reaction of Fractal Audio on all this ?

And why is this post moved to "off-topic" ?!
For all these people waiting without any clou why this is definitely NOT off-topic ...

Actually straight from the horse's (Cliff's) mouth he's having heaps of trouble getting parts. But that doesn't explain the apparent imbalance of US vs rest of the world. Would be nice if there were some dispelling of the myths if possible. Just plain percentages. No actual numbers or competition-sensitive data. Actually not for me, since I'm not in a big hurry. But:

In the day I had to wait 11 months and three weeks from order to delivery of my Ultra. That was at least partly because of the original Axe-FX having several non-RoHS parts. RoHS is the EU-regulations for the use of materials. Took quite a while to get that sorted. I don't get why the chassis were taking this long, though. The company I used to work for had several suppliers that could deliver orders in the hundreds of newly designed steel plate parts within weeks. Send them a drawing and a number and we'd have crates full of them in.... well... weeks. Powder coated and all.

Anyway, I went mental about three times during that wait so I don't blame you guys. My kids had shorter lead times...

I'm glad I still have mine and will not part with it before I have a new Axe in my hands. Got on the list May 30th. My birthday is in two weeks...

Actually straight from the horse's (Cliff's) mouth he's having heaps of trouble getting parts. But that doesn't explain the apparent imbalance of US vs rest of the world. Would be nice if there were some dispelling of the myths if possible. Just plain percentages. No actual numbers or competition-sensitive data. Actually not for me, since I'm not in a big hurry. But:

In the day I had to wait 11 months and three weeks from order to delivery of my Ultra. That was at least partly because of the original Axe-FX having several non-RoHS parts. RoHS is the EU-regulations for the use of materials. Took quite a while to get that sorted. I don't get why the chassis were taking this long, though. The company I used to work for had several suppliers that could deliver orders in the hundreds of newly designed steel plate parts within weeks. Send them a drawing and a number and we'd have crates full of them in.... well... weeks. Powder coated and all.

Anyway, I went mental about three times during that wait so I don't blame you guys. My kids had shorter lead times...

I'm glad I still have mine and will not part with it before I have a new Axe in my hands. Got on the list May 30th. My birthday is in two weeks...

Yes, it's all déja vu ;)
If I end up waiting as long as for my Ultra (over 10 months), then I'll get the A-Fx II in March 2012 :lol

Dutch, you remember this thread on the old forum? Axe-FX :: View topic - Next batch of European Axe-Fx's? (title updated)
It's history repeating.

Has Cliff actually stepped-up and said on the forum why we in the EU and our cousins in Australia (soory if I've missed others) are in this position? If he has I'd like to see and if not, perhaps if he did it might just appease some of us?

May 11th for me - and been told November, probably late november.

That will be a pain as I will need to sell my standard to make up the funds for the AFX2 - and the nearer to Christmas it gets, the harder that sale will be (at a decent price at least). I have a horrible feeling I wont be able to shift mine for enough cash to actually afford the AFX2 when it DOES hit :(

I waited 7 months for my standard - and currently on nearly 6 months for the AFX 2.

Cliff has said hes shipping 20% of AFX2s to the rest of the world - as that (apparently) is the historic demand as a %. Personally while I can believe the 20% figure historically, I think that % is increasing - and even if it isnt theres NO WAY weve had 20% of the units that have hit the market. I understand he cant trickle feed taht 20% (that is if he makes 20 a week, he cant just sent 3 to the EU, 1 to the far east or whatever the breakdown is) but Id have expected the last shipment to be a lot more units than it was. If hes going to make that percentage this next shipment has got to be a decent size.

He did state a few weeks ago (when talk about the number of AFX2s with the boot up issue) that only a handfull of units were displaying the fault out of the few hundered that had been sold. Well, If a few hundered had been sold, Id expect 20% to be at least 60 units for this shipment. Im basing that on "3" being the lowest number that can be called a few - so 300 being the lowest number to be "a few hundered".

late march for me and no current news yet.

He did state a few weeks ago (when talk about the number of AFX2s with the boot up issue) that only a handfull of units were displaying the fault out of the few hundered that had been sold. Well, If a few hundered had been sold, Id expect 20% to be at least 60 units for this shipment. Im basing that on "3" being the lowest number that can be called a few - so 300 being the lowest number to be "a few hundered".

that is very logically calculated but don't forget that selling a unit for 2599 usd in the us web-shop will very likely mean significantly more benefit for fas than selling one to the eu-distributor. as long as we in europe don't get the skip-the-line option as well, the number of units delivered to us will continue to stay low well into next year, as far as i estimate. at least such an option (lets say for 2499 euros) would eliminate the rich guys in front of you in the waiting list, with probably no less or more units delivered in total to the customers in the eu waiting list compared to today. however, apparently even the guys in the us waiting list are served abount twice to three times as fast as we in europe. :-/

AXE-FX II Shipping Update 20, October:
Next Axe-Fx II shipment should be ready Friday 28th - we will inform when we get the shipping date and quantities confirmed.

Just went to g66.eu and read this again, this does not say they will tell us on Friday what the shipping date and quantities will be.
I didn't give it any thought until just now to be honest.
So when we all get mad on Friday when there is no news we can remind ourselves of the wording :D haha.

I am still hopeful though.

So when we all get mad on Friday when there is no news we can remind ourselves of the wording :D haha.
I am still hopeful though.

...not to forget the conditional: "should (!) be ready". :-DDD.

it's so funny how we all in our frustration have to stick to cabbalistic exegesis and linguistic analysis of some twitter post :-DDD

and in the end this hyperhype might lead to the whole thing sounding rather ordinary. i have kind of lost my enthusiasm concerning the device completely during the wait. its like waiting in line for a club on a rainy day for four hours. after you finally managed to get in, soaked and in a very bad mood, you are not very likely to enjoy the event very much.
however giving up NOW is also something that frustration and defiance would not allow.

strange how petted by our consume-oriented world we have gotten to be so emotionally involved with a silly luxourious piece of gear and so easily hurt by some distribution injustice. but i just can't help being unnerved. well...perhaps the axe can at least function as a psychotherapeutic mantra to learn something about ourselves. :-DDDDD

First-world crisis, as they say.

Way back when I was expecting one in July, I reorganised my home-studio...leaving a 2U gap...I have to keep dusting said gap every once in a while :cry

I'm a bit sad that, having been on the list since April, I haven't been able to experience the ride so far: we're almost on firmware 3.0 now!
Whereas, on the other side of the Atlantic, it seems that you can just grab one on impulse.

Trying to keep my head down but your 'not particularly happy but committed' post chimed with me :)

Back
Top Bottom