The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

FWIW, 20% of the units we have received have been shipped to EU. 60% have been allocated to US. The remaining 20% are being shipped to Japan, Australia, Russia, etc. Historically we have sold roughly three times as many units domestically as in EU therefore we have allocated the units accordingly.

I know it's fashionable to think there is some sort of conspiracy and insult me and make disparaging comments at every opportunity but I don't believe I deserve the treatment I'm getting.

Hello dear Cliff. I feel you have received derogatory comments and insults. It is a good thing. But I also understand the frustration of people like me have to wait many months to buy an Axe II.

I want to thank you for writing and try to clear things up. At least the news helps calm things down, because the wait without more, is desperate.

In relation to the way it has to distribute according to historical sales Axes wanted to say that seems logical and fair, but I'm afraid that it is not. In order to be fair should be governed, not by historical sales, but the waiting time. In other words, any client, regardless of where it is, has to expect the same to receive your product. It isn’t logical that an American citizen have to wait 2 or 3 months and 11 months or more European. That's where the frustration comes and conspiracies. So if you want to be as fair as possible, you should send the units necessary to unify the waiting list worldwide. It would be the closest thing to a global list. This really would be just.

Moreover, it would be desirable to have a more transparent, and real date with their distributors because they never know the actual date of delivery, and the units will receive ... This would give us more accurate information to customers. By placing an order should know the approximate delivery date and decide freely whether to wait or not, but I can not tell you is that 4 or 6 weeks and then be 11 months and still waiting.

Once again I want to thank you for your time and your words and especially for their great work to guitarists worldwide. You’re guitarists Steve Jobs, a visionary who makes our life easier. But please, try to resolve international demand, thank you very much.

PD: I do not know much English as I used the google translator, I hope I have understood correctly.

PD: I do not know much English as I used the google translator, I hope I have understood correctly.

All seemed ok until that last sentence :D

I agree, the wait Europe has had is a bit annoying. Only been 7 months for me and it was Axe Fx Ultra I ordered 1st in March, then was shifted to Axe Fx II..any 11 month waits will have been for that then shifted.

All seemed ok until that last sentence :D

I agree, the wait Europe has had is a bit annoying. Only been 7 months for me and it was Axe Fx Ultra I ordered 1st in March, then was shifted to Axe Fx II..any 11 month waits will have been for that then shifted.

Indeed, 7 months in line too here except I ordered a standard back in March 'cos I didn't have enough dough for the ultra... the only good thing I got out of this excruciatingly long wait is that I managed to save enough money to afford the Axe Fx II :p
I still think shipping 20% of the units to EU is not enough and what makes it worse is that you see overpriced units for sale everywhere... units that could have been easily sent here instead of lying on ebay or stuff like that.

Last edited:
Axe FX II now in stock on the US website.....At the end of this month if I have no update I will fly over there and pick one up....Will cost the same, but at least I get a free holiday.

Bon voyage Mon amis

Axe FX II now in stock on the US website.....At the end of this month if I have no update I will fly over there and pick one up....Will cost the same, but at least I get a free holiday.

Which leads me back to my initial question: Can I have your place??? :)

AAEN

I went on the waiting list on 9 May. Amazing what a countdown will do....
I remember waiting about 9 months for an axefx standard. I finally got one , (way back at firmware 5) and spent ages with it trying to get it to 'replace' my tube rig. I tried FRFR with our band pa (we used a 5k Mackie rig and had a sound man at the time). It was nice out front apparently but after numerous firmware updates, various powered FRFR monitors, including the Fratomics and even trying in ears I found getting a good on stage monitor sound/feel very frustrating indeed. Then all the talk on the forum was how the multi compressor on the ultra was the missing link so back on the waiting list for an upgrade. 3 months later this time I received the ultra. Same problems with getting a good feel and sound on stage, I eventually bit the bullet and used the atomic amp with a 4x12 guitar cab. Finally happy that I had the rig I had set out for some time previously I ordered a fractal foot controller.Seven months later I was still on the waiting list when the podhd500 came out.
With the full intention of using this as a foot controller only whilst awaiting the fractal unit I ordered one. After using it as a foot controller only for a few weeks I tried running it on its own into the atomic/4x12 just for kicks. I found that it this configuration, using the atomic amp and the 4x12 cab the pod wasn't quite as good as the axefx, but there wasn't a great deal in it. I sold the axefx ultra at this stage. Although the ultra was way superior in my opinion using the 2 units 'standalone', I still wasn't totally happy with the ultra in that role, and the difference between the two units going the more conventional route into an amp and guitar cab was in my opinion in no way worth the price difference, esp as I was still awaiting an expensive foot controller for the ultra (which I cancelled at this stage) Next up, the pod hd500 did the usual line 6 thing of breaking down on me. Forced back into tube amps I bought an evh 5150 head untested and in a hurry as I had a few gigs coming up. I have since bought some of the eventide factor pedals to go with it and can honestly say I have never been happier with my sound/rig. Having said that, when the countdown for the axefx2 started I was intrigued and hopeful that the advances would finally make that axefx only rig a reality for me I took the plunge. Months later (again) Ive still no idea when I will actually receive an axefx2. In the meantime Ive become very well acquainted with the evh head and eventide pedals....I hate to think how long in total Ive been on the waiting list for a fractal product. Hmmm.

Are you the Sheguitarplayer over on the Eventide forums too?

If so .... Hi!... Did not realise you where over here too and in the eu

If not.... Hi! Anyway

Martin

Hi Martin,
Yep, its me from the eventide (and future guitar now) forums.
Nice to see ya here too.
Im in Berwick in the north of England. Was one of the first UK users of the axefx standard way back when.
Still hoping for an all in one solution with an axefx 2 as u can see from the above post.
Absolutely loving the evh head/4x12/eventide factor pedals. Unfortunately Im at an age where my back complains too readily if you know what I mean.

I went on the waiting list on 9 May. Amazing what a countdown will do....
I remember waiting about 9 months for an axefx standard. I finally got one , (way back at firmware 5) and spent ages with it trying to get it to 'replace' my tube rig. I tried FRFR with our band pa (we used a 5k Mackie rig and had a sound man at the time). It was nice out front apparently but after numerous firmware updates, various powered FRFR monitors, including the Fratomics and even trying in ears I found getting a good on stage monitor sound/feel very frustrating indeed. Then all the talk on the forum was how the multi compressor on the ultra was the missing link so back on the waiting list for an upgrade. 3 months later this time I received the ultra. Same problems with getting a good feel and sound on stage, I eventually bit the bullet and used the atomic amp with a 4x12 guitar cab. Finally happy that I had the rig I had set out for some time previously I ordered a fractal foot controller.Seven months later I was still on the waiting list when the podhd500 came out.
With the full intention of using this as a foot controller only whilst awaiting the fractal unit I ordered one. After using it as a foot controller only for a few weeks I tried running it on its own into the atomic/4x12 just for kicks. I found that it this configuration, using the atomic amp and the 4x12 cab the pod wasn't quite as good as the axefx, but there wasn't a great deal in it. I sold the axefx ultra at this stage. Although the ultra was way superior in my opinion using the 2 units 'standalone', I still wasn't totally happy with the ultra in that role, and the difference between the two units going the more conventional route into an amp and guitar cab was in my opinion in no way worth the price difference, esp as I was still awaiting an expensive foot controller for the ultra (which I cancelled at this stage) Next up, the pod hd500 did the usual line 6 thing of breaking down on me. Forced back into tube amps I bought an evh 5150 head untested and in a hurry as I had a few gigs coming up. I have since bought some of the eventide factor pedals to go with it and can honestly say I have never been happier with my sound/rig. Having said that, when the countdown for the axefx2 started I was intrigued and hopeful that the advances would finally make that axefx only rig a reality for me I took the plunge. Months later (again) Ive still no idea when I will actually receive an axefx2. In the meantime Ive become very well acquainted with the evh head and eventide pedals....I hate to think how long in total Ive been on the waiting list for a fractal product. Hmmm.

Wow, that's one hell of a long time sitting in queue with the different gear changes... I can understand your frustration and I share it.
I've been waiting since march 2011 when I decided I'd sell my Triaxis, Lexicon MPX G2 and a few other things (basically 80% of my main rig) to go for the axe standard. Then they said the axe 2 was coming out so for a long I've been playing with just vsts and borrowing stuff at the studio to rehearse with my band.
Around 3 months ago I picked up a used ADA MP-2 to couple it with my H&K VS250 tube poweramp in order to have at least a backup rig and I've been using that now for a while. I'm happy enough that I got something to play with but this wait is getting longer and longer by the minute and I feel tired already after 7 months.. can't imagine how must it be for someone with multiple experiences like you had. We were told the next shipment was supposed to happen around this date now but here we are still being kept in the dark. And that discounted Mark V used for demos here is becoming more and more of a temptation... :|

Hi Martin,
Yep, its me from the eventide (and future guitar now) forums.
Nice to see ya here too.
Im in Berwick in the north of England. Was one of the first UK users of the axefx standard way back when.
Still hoping for an all in one solution with an axefx 2 as u can see from the above post.
Absolutely loving the evh head/4x12/eventide factor pedals. Unfortunately Im at an age where my back complains too readily if you know what I mean.

good to see you on here.

I would love to have an all in one solution too... that would be great.... for the back also.

Axe-Fx ultra and now the Axe-Fx II have come the closest for me, I just love the "Flavour" and ease of dialing in the Eventide boxes... so the compromise for me is still an Eclipse in the FX loop of the Axe-Fx II... that way i get the best of both worlds.

Cheers

Martin

Wow, that's one hell of a long time sitting in queue with the different gear changes... I can understand your frustration and I share it.
I've been waiting since march 2011 when I decided I'd sell my Triaxis, Lexicon MPX G2 and a few other things (basically 80% of my main rig) to go for the axe standard. Then they said the axe 2 was coming out so for a long I've been playing with just vsts and borrowing stuff at the studio to rehearse with my band.
Around 3 months ago I picked up a used ADA MP-2 to couple it with my H&K VS250 tube poweramp in order to have at least a backup rig and I've been using that now for a while. I'm happy enough that I got something to play with but this wait is getting longer and longer by the minute and I feel tired already after 7 months.. can't imagine how must it be for someone with multiple experiences like you had. We were told the next shipment was supposed to happen around this date now but here we are still being kept in the dark. And that discounted Mark V used for demos here is becoming more and more of a temptation... :|
Mmmmmm, that sounds very tempting....

good to see you on here.

I would love to have an all in one solution too... that would be great.... for the back also.

Axe-Fx ultra and now the Axe-Fx II have come the closest for me, I just love the "Flavour" and ease of dialing in the Eventide boxes... so the compromise for me is still an Eclipse in the FX loop of the Axe-Fx II... that way i get the best of both worlds.

Cheers

Martin
Did you get an axefx 2 or are you still waiting?

both :twisted

I got fed up of the wait, so made other arrangements and got one imported.

When the news broke that the numbers of shipped units was tiny.... I figured it was going to be next year... and I was in the right place t the right time and I was offered a band new one at a sensible price.....had to take it.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/ultra-std-discussion/35619-countdown.html

let me understand : the countdown was in month ?? lol cm'on big countdown and after almost 5 months (!!!!) , still nothing for us
i gave money for fractal audio product (i have an ultra and mfc 101) and i like their product
but to much wait kill the wait, so i think my axe fx II is there :
Kemper - Cyberstore Thomann Français

and sound like this
Changing rigs 111002 by BT King on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

someone told me i should be happy to be a 2nd class customer in europe , i will not be anymore.and it's not my fault i was ready to pay for this axe fx II, but this is too much.

Last edited:
I understand it's a long wait. I'm waiting for an Axe FX II as well. But since you have an Ultra and a MFC - as I do - what's suddenly sooo wrong with them? Do they suddenly suck? I'm still happy with my Ultra but also I'm also looking forward to getting the II.

ultra = great gear for home use and killer fx unit , don't like it live, too processed /compressed to my ears (i mean in my music style)
axe fx II seems really better in this point and i need a great modeler that cut live the way i want.11R : not even close , line6 , cosm , cuts better in the mix (IMHO of course) but the modelling isn't close to axe fx.
that doesn't mean that kemper will cut, but i have 30 days to test and return it if i don't like it.
Now even g66 don't know what to answer : they don't know if i can expect my axe fx II tomorrow or in 6 month.c'mon...

life is short.i've waited 5 month with my money ready to go.axe fx II was alone in his category.nothing else to do than wait.now challengers are coming.it changes the game.doesn't mean that i will not buy an axe II in the future.but enough wait for me for the moment.

I understand it's a long wait. I'm waiting for an Axe FX II as well. But since you have an Ultra and a MFC - as I do - what's suddenly sooo wrong with them? Do they suddenly suck? I'm still happy with my Ultra but also I'm also looking forward to getting the II.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom