The Edge

When I'm playing the actual amp in a room, I tend to have the bass a little higher and the treble a little lower like what you're saying and it really sounds great! But when I used this amp on the road and heard it mic'd up, pulling the bass back a tad and boosting a little treble made it sound incredible in the mix. And since these IRs are so accurate, I just used my same amp settings and it sounds just like it did when I used the real amp mic'd up though IEMs. I'll try your EQ out as well next time I pull up an AC30 patch.

As for the IRs, think of it as buy one AC30, get two Mesa cabs free. :) Cliff mentioned that they were working on Cab Lab Lite which is a free converter. So for the price of a couple Papa John's pizzas, you get world class IRs to take your tones to the next level. But I digress. I'm not here to sell you IRs. Someone had mentioned wanting to hear a clip of the OwnHammer 58-IN CLOTH IR, so I posted the clip and shared some settings for anyone else on their Edge tone quest.

Yeah, that was me asking for clips! Thanks for sharing

Inquiring minds would pay to know!

That Ultra clip is very, very close. I need to get to work on my own version from scratch. Part of the sound is actually the bass interaction with the guitar, so it's hard to really single out just the guitar.

From Zoo TV. His live tone here is much brighter than the album.

Now there is still the real question: how the hell The Edge replicated his old A3 sound on "Mysterious Ways" with his Axe-Fx ? :)

Here is another clip by simonp54, of the U2GT forum that is very close as well.

http://forum.u2guitartutorials.com/showthread.php?5486-Mysterious-Ways&p=43984&viewfull=1#post43984

attachment.php

Here is another clip by simonp54, of the U2GT forum that is very close as well.

I am one and the same "simonp54" here as well if anyone should need to get hold of me ;-)

oh and BTW (as everything in this world is a "work in progress") I have improved this patch further and will post another clip soon

Nice playing - but there's a patch already on the Axe-change that sounds more like the original A3 sound than that one?
ok thanks... i tried it, and as you put a question mark in your original post, then I think... No... it doesn't sound more like the original A3 than "my" one...
thanks for the link tho

ok thanks... i tried it, and as you put a question mark in your original post, then I think... No... it doesn't sound more like the original A3 than "my" one...
thanks for the link tho

yeah neither are perfect (and of course it depends what you are using to play it!) - the axe-change one it too lively and choppy with not enough low cut (but sounds good with a Fender SC sound - but sounds too bright with a pukka Rick 12) - and yours sounds a little muted/dull and the vowel sounds aren't apparent enough with the initial filter sounding too electronic if you know what I mean - might be interesting to overlay both and pick out the best parts?

Back
Top Bottom