The "Clark Kent" Personality

Ahh... I used to have a link to my bands website where you could easily see who I am but I quit. Maybe I'll make it a mystery now. ;)

Good twist. So instead of guessing Superman's real identity we could try and guess Clark Kent's?

Or maybe play some guitar :star:

No. The threads that I start are not about me. This might be a shock but my real name is not Clark Kent. There are many reasons why I have Clark Kent in many of the thread titles. I can give you a quick lesson why.

You need to study social media to know how it works. (I'm a master degree graduate of it btw.) Brand recognition. So let's say you're scrolling through new posts and you see a title "Petrucci patch" and think "so what... every other thread is about Petrucci sounds anyways" but when you see "Clark Kent's Petrucci patch" you know what you're getting if you know me and my "brand" which is not something that I'm selling but usually I have quite high standards and I give away free high quality stuff. So 1) people can find and notice my stuff easier. Or if someone hates my guts they can ignore me thanks to this marker. :lol

Then there are other factors like 2) subscribing for similar interests which is not a feature on this forum but can be done this way. F.ex. I have no idea how often you post threads. No one reads the small text below the thread. No one. Well now that I look at your started threads as an example, I notice that I've read some of those but I have no idea who wrote them. And... f.ex. if you compare the threads I've started to the threads you've started we can see that approximately half of your threads didn't even get an answer and half of my threads got over a thousand views and quite many messages also. F.ex. two of my last five threads have received over a hundred posts and they are not threads about someone else's work like "let's talk about OH IR's" or "wonder when the next firmware comes and what's in it" but they are actually threads where I share stuff for free "just because".

I have no motives. I have no bands that I'm advertising. I'm just doing this for the love of guitar wankery.

LOL I kind of imagined that your name wasn't Clark Kent.

regarding your lesson :eek:

IMO you writing your nick name in almost every thread isn't of much help.

In my case I remember many people in here because of the content of the threads not because they put their nick on the title.

But one aspect of it works better in that I was intrigued why you were writing your nick name in every thread you started. I though

"this guy must be someone famous/important around here" or... he is a bit cocky.

by the way regarding which threads get the most number of answers.

you and I probably have different goals in this forum. No arguing which threads are more popular and usefull because you are constantly sharing your work for free and I don't. Nor do I think my "work" is of much value to the comunity.

also I might be in a minority but I do read the small letters if I remember someones content. simeon and progressive rocco come to mind.

edit - to sum it up IMO what matters when remembering someones nick is content not putting the nick on the thread title.

Last edited:
Good twist. So instead of guessing Superman's real identity we could try and guess Clark Kent's?

Or maybe play some guitar :star:

jumps into a telephone kiosk and miraculously appears as the super-hero known as Ordinaryperson
is it a bird?? erm… yes..
is it a plane? ahh yes there's one of those too
can he leap tall buildings in a single bound?? we'll.. no… he rode the elevator..
etc.. lol..

Sup?
I'm an ENTJ. fairly right for the most part.

I've only seen one other listed here that is ENTJ also..

ENTJ here, and apparently I'm in the 3% club.

Other ENTJ'ers:
Steve Jobs, the ex-CEO of Apple
Franklin D. Roosevelt, former U.S. president
Richard M. Nixon, former U.S. president
Harrison Ford, actor
Steve Martin, actor and composer
Whoopi Goldberg, actress
Margaret Thatcher, the “Iron Lady”
Al Gore, former U.S. vice president
Jim Carrey, actor

I do find it interesting I'm orig. from Chicago..and SVL,,location is Chicago....lol

MOSHON
DAVE

Weird. INTP, but just about. Everything was close to half, depending on the nature of the question and the situation I imagined myself in.... which were multiple for each question. Effin thing took me an hour to do.

Problem is that while I can easily recognise patterns, I am quite comfortable with the patterns becoming too complex for easy analysis, and there comes a point when a pattern becomes so complex for a given situation that it actually ends up being unique to a set of circumstances.... therefore there is no true pattern. Another consideration is the Barnum Effect.... I would trust a personality test if it was done without my input, and I'm not sure anyone knows anyone enough to give answers that truly reflect the subconscious.

It's weird. I love people but dislike humanity. I enjoy analysis and comfort, but also cannot help but do stupid risky things and enjoy them.

Back
Top Bottom