The AxeFX2 For Late Night Condo Practice VIDEO

Thanks Mark! Looks like the California sun is making your face shine :)

That pickup sounds interesting. Let us know when its in production.

Id like to see a video expaining your recording setup. I understand the iMovie or Quicktime stuff but not sure how you
capture such a huge sound going into your MacBook! Are you running USB right into GarageBand? Was this video
single tracked?

Thanks for all your helpful posts

Damn iMovie11 turns my face red sometimes lol. It is not red in Quicktime when or in Logic it's only after iMovie renders...hmm, maybe a setting I overlooked?

For the last two videos I did I chose the AxeFX 2 as my system audio INPUT (USB) and my Roland Octa-Capture as my audio OUTPUT to monitor. I record a Quicktime movie using my Thunderbolt display camera and the AxeFX 2 USB as audio input. I then import the movie into Logic Pro 9 and add my Waves plugins and my Apple Sample delay on one side of the track. This video is a single stereo track, one performance. I export the audio to the movie and remove the original audio stream from the movie during export.

I then import the movie into iMovie11 and do any editing and titles, etc. Then upload to YouTube. :)

The Motor City pickup is called Hot Head. The commercial version will be slightly darker. I will put them in my Suhr and LP for sure.

Mark

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Mark for sharing your knowledge. This patch works wonders with my Explorer. I love the distortion which is like a trail of golden sparkles. Definitely great.

Last edited:
I took the patch Mark gave us in this thread, put a wah block and played Still got the Blues. Very different sound but fits nicely with my PRS, Bare Knuckle Abraxas PU's. Thanks for sharing it!

Last edited:
Cool video, Mark!! You just need to improve on the facial expressions, here and there!! J/K *LOL* ;)

Hello Mark that was a great video on what the Axe can do. Is there any chance to see you do a Video doing some classic Mesa Boogie mark series sounds like Steve Lukather "Toto era" and Carlos Santana ?

Man i wish I could play as fluid as you do!

If you check out his patches, you'll see he lets the amp do most of the tone shaping, and sets the gate pretty 'open'. Some of his patches have a lot of high end. In all, you get a silky sound and feel, and it's much easier to run around the board. Softer picking brings out more. (Of course, guitar and pickups make a difference. One of my guitars loves his patches. The other one just seems to squash them.)

Also, the fizz he talks about (a matter of -not- cutting the high treble) helps bring out the overall tone, and disappears quite a bit in the mix.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom