The AxeFX2 For Late Night Condo Practice VIDEO

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
The great thing about this unit is that if I don't want to move air with a power amp and guitar cab I can use my MacBook and a set of BX8 monitors and play at whisper volume. It still sounds MASSIVE even at such low volumes, very inspiring, doesn't even bother the cats :)

I place a low pass filter (around 7khz), a short Apple Sample delay (300) on one side. As always I put a Waves C4 and LL3 Ultra on the output in Logic to get the levels up.

Preset here.

Attachments

• Mark Day Late Night .syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 428
Your clip sounded fantastic through my laptop speakers Mark. Man i wish I could play as fluid as you do!

My Axe II is here tomorrow and I cant wait to play with your preset now.

That sounds amazing, and I can't believe that you aren't shaking the walls, much less waking the neighbors and sending the cats running for their (9) lives.

Can you explain why adding the low pass filter is necessary? Also, I didn't understand what you said about the Apple delay (why not use the Axe delay?), the Wave and the LL3 plugins. Why are those things important ingredients here? And you are going through Logic instead of just going straight to your monitors? That puzzled me, too.

Sorry for so many questions, but if I can get that kind of tone--at comparable volume levels-- out of the amps I would use most, I would be one happy camper. Note: I've only had my Axe II for a week, so I'm still learning, to say the least.

Thanks again, and that really does sound great.

Sounds like God.

So what you're saying is ..., just like usual !

BTW - you did it to me AGAIN ! I can't listen @ work because YT is blocked .... At least until Thursday when I pick up my smart-phone ... !

So, I'll cue it up when I get home tonight, I can't wait ....

That sounds amazing, and I can't believe that you aren't shaking the walls, much less waking the neighbors and sending the cats running for their (9) lives.

Can you explain why adding the low pass filter is necessary? Also, I didn't understand what you said about the Apple delay (why not use the Axe delay?), the Wave and the LL3 plugins. Why are those things important ingredients here? And you are going through Logic instead of just going straight to your monitors? That puzzled me, too.

Sorry for so many questions, but if I can get that kind of tone--at comparable volume levels-- out of the amps I would use most, I would be one happy camper. Note: I've only had my Axe II for a week, so I'm still learning, to say the least.

Thanks again, and that really does sound great.

When I am jamming I don't monitor through Logic. I use the plugins for videos because I have always used Waves stuff. Kinda like ketchup, it's always on my burger no matter what else I add...I just like ketchup.

The Lo-pass filter is purely for the audience. I use too much gain, so there is going to be some fizz...I like fizz, I even hear fizz in the guitar tones in VH1(eddie), however everyone seems to complain about fizz so the lo-pass tames it a bit and it's easy to use. I don't want to take away the fizz from my sound in the room. Same with the sample delay, it's easy to use. It sounds great on a recording, but not tight enough when I'm playing so I add it later. The LL3 and C4 are tools that a ton of engineers use, I like what it does to the mix and it makes my videos LOUD and stand out.

I hope this helps :)

Mark

you're such an 80's child LOL!
this is one of the main reasons I bought one of these things in the first place.
I love being able to carry on a conversation with my wife or my daughter yet still have it sounding like a 1/2 stack blasting away.
BTW thanks for your help the other day :)

Back
Top Bottom