The AxeFX2 For Late Night Condo Practice VIDEO

Hi Mark,
You sound so huge! In fact you are!

Can you explain how you do your videos and what software and cam you use?
If I understand you're using logic for the sound recording, do you make the video with an other software and then merge both logic audio with video?
Thanks for your support all over the forum.

That tone is the cat's ass! (no pun intended)

BTW, what are the BX8s? Can those be plugged right into the back of the Axe-FX II? I'm thinking about getting some nice monitors to take full advantage of the Axe-FX II. I feel I can do better than my Mosvalve MV-962 and two Marshall cabs.

Yeeesss! Return of the Funny Faces, plus a nice nose scratch at 1:36, quality!
I really like the way you play, you have such clear un-messy tone.
You rock, dude.
BTW how are you finding v6?

Yeeesss! Return of the Funny Faces, plus a nice nose scratch at 1:36, quality!
I really like the way you play, you have such clear un-messy tone.
You rock, dude.
BTW how are you finding v6?

Cat hair all over my face lol. Thanks Dude! I really like V6, but I like every update...what's not to like about a new box every few months? lol

Mark

Damn Mark, I always enjoy your videos a lot and you always have a killer signature type tone (I can tell its you in a few seconds), but that tone right there is just staggeringly good. It really does sound like you're playing in anticipation of the cops breaking down your door to carry you away for blowing out the windows on the neighbor's house.

I'm with you on the whole 'fizz' thing too. 100% of the way there. Amps have fizz in them, many of the greatest recorded tracks in history have some fizz in them and if you don't like it you can dial it out in a variety of ways.

Oh and when you dropped to D I was trying to figure out what in the hell happened. I was like "there is no way in hell he could have turned the tuner that fast, that accurately without me seeing it" and I knew there was no jump cut. I've seen those hipshot things before, but never seen one in action. Really clever looking device.

But that tone, man that is just epic.

Hey Mark - you're a total star...
thanks for sharing your preset..
for me it was like a beacon in a stormy ocean of knobs and buttons...

you have totally shown me the way and helped me sort out my own presets...
should our paths ever cross...
the beers are on me...

thanks dude... thank you hugely...

EDIT: and if I'm not back around here for a while..
It's cos I'm now totally p55ing off the whole street...

Mark, I was at a conference in Madison, WI last week and I got to talking guitar with a guy there. We were running down our rigs and I was all "Oh, I don't have much now...pretty much my guitars and my Axe-Fx II."

He was all: "Oh! That black box! Man I've heard so many great clips from that thing. There's this guy on YouTube who does these awesome videos. Makes it sound killer!"

And I was: "Oh, really? Who was it?"

He was all: "Dunno the guys name but he gets real in to it. Makes these faces..."

Me: "...MARK DAY!"

Him: "YES!"

Dude.

Yer f'ing famous man.

Mark, I was at a conference in Madison, WI last week and I got to talking guitar with a guy there. We were running down our rigs and I was all "Oh, I don't have much now...pretty much my guitars and my Axe-Fx II."

He was all: "Oh! That black box! Man I've heard so many great clips from that thing. There's this guy on YouTube who does these awesome videos. Makes it sound killer!"

And I was: "Oh, really? Who was it?"

He was all: "Dunno the guys name but he gets real in to it. Makes these faces..."

Me: "...MARK DAY!"

Him: "YES!"

Dude.

Yer f'ing famous man.

Lol!!!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate you folks watching my silly videos and I appreciate it even more that you take the time to comment!!!!!

Mark

Thanks guys, I really appreciate you folks watching my silly videos and I appreciate it even more that you take the time to comment!!!!!

Mark

Í´M A FAN!

MD was one of the reasons I convinced myself to buy the ULTRA.

Couldnt be happier.....

Greetings

AAEN

Mark - I dig this patch - just spent an hour jamming on it. The string separation seems great and the notes seem to explode off the fretboard.

Do you use a patch like this live? Meaning, it has a lot of gain, lows, and reverb - all of which I'm digging in my headphones, but will it still cut through live? A lot of people say to keep the gain low, boost mids, keep it dry, etc. in order to cut through the mix, which are all valid points. I had been purposefully keeping things quite dry, but I dig the extra juice in this patch - I'm more energized to play when it's like this. Thanks for any insight from your experiences with your patches in a live situation.

It's not that you can use the patch for Late Night Combo.. you can use it for Early Morning Combo too.. great job man.. it sound as usual very very good.. Thank You!!!

Back
Top Bottom