Test clip fw10 vs. fw11

As you should. The dynamic thump is the big thing. The whole point of V11 was to get that rubber mallet on the speaker cab thing that you hear on the best tones.

Now I need to know what this "rubber mallet on the speaker cab thing" is? Never heard of it.

I don't hear too much difference in the tone through my crappy laptop speakers on that one, so I guess the basic tone remains the same.

Same here. I am on my 'other' laptop at the moment with no studio monitors or headphones, and I couldn't pick even the slightest differences in that clip. Will try again later using some studio headphones...

Same here. I am on my 'other' laptop at the moment with no studio monitors or headphones, and I couldn't pick even the slightest differences in that clip. Will try again later using some studio headphones...

After listening a few more times, it seems like the highs are "smoother" and less spiky. I'm not sure if it's what they call "sweeter" highs. I could be imagining all of it though. Using the same raw track would probably show this more... I don't think it is the same track that is being used in the clips.

i thought fw11 clips sounded much better. something > about the top end was what stood out, but generally far better overall.

def seems to be more weight in the low end , would have been cool if you didn't say which was which tho!!!!
I do prefer 11

Can't wait to finally update. I am using 5.7 or something and going to update this week!! Finally have downtime to redo my patches!!!!:shock

MY GOD IT SOUNDS SO OPENNNNNNN !!!!!! AND SO WIDEEEEEE!!!!! DYNAMIC!!!!!!!!! AND SIZZLING!!!!!!!! BUT AS CLIFF SAID "PLAY IT LOUD"!!!!! This is going to help me out alot for my studio recordings!!!!!!!!

As you should. The dynamic thump is the big thing. The whole point of V11 was to get that rubber mallet on the speaker cab thing that you hear on the best tones.

love.gif

WOW, yes that is it!, with headphones i can clearly hear that!!!... well done CLiff!

Headphones is the key to hearing the biggest change from 10 to 11, IMO. That takes out all background noise where you're playing and you're hearing only your guitar. I noticed the tonal differences more on the lower gain and clean factory presets only because they were not overly saturated with gain and distortion. Don't get me wrong, the high gain preset had more articulation and oomph too!

I get it! First thing I did in FW11 was to pull up the 80's Clean preset, with just the right amount of chorus effect and a stereo ping pong delay dialed into the background, and I started playing the opening chords from Mike Stern's classic ballad Mayumi (off Bob Berg's Cycles CD).

Ahh! Incredibly lush tones in a wide sonic landscape. You can hear the pick just spill over the strings (and the micro thumps). The notes just gush and then spread out like warm butter (thanks to some great well defined muddy-less bass frequencies). Even the delay and reverb tones seem to have their own distinct voices.

Well done Cliff & Co.! And thank you Matt for hooking me up at Dweezilla! Now ... if I can just move on to another preset ... :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom