Test clip fw10 vs. fw11

All I know is that whether its 10 or 11 that sure doesn't sound like an Amp simulator.:)

I can hear the difference. On my clean amps I hear it big time. The drives on the cleans seem to have better dynamics. The girth and the weight seem mightier, if that makes sense. Its like he put a mastering plugin on the sim, thats the best way that I can describe it. Good times for us I say.

Cliff is such a Genius, man blows me away.

Haha that's true! :D

Cool, I didn't try the cleans yet, I use alot of different clean tones so that sounds great if they're even better now!

To my ears, the v11 samples have a bit more "roar" (lower midrange?) to them. The v11 samples also seem to have a bit more impact to the attack, like the compression is slightly less and/or delayed.

From your clip the FW 11 has more low end and the FW 10 sounds, as a consequence, slightly more flat in a direct comparison.

To my ears, the v11 samples have a bit more "roar" (lower midrange?) to them. The v11 samples also seem to have a bit more impact to the attack, like the compression is slightly less and/or delayed.

Good description. I tried FW11 last night and felt the same. It's like the difference between a big cat roaring at you and a big cat roaring with it's teeth bared. The overall feel was more aggressive and immediate. So far, I'm liking the changes (whatever they are).

Just try try the top boost patch with a drive in front. Crazy good. using your guitar volume you can get clean to mean really quickly. Granted you could get this before, but it does sound better to my ears. And I just don't mean a little better, a lot better.

If there's a difference in tone, I sure can't hear enough of one to say that this is a "game changer". I'm sure it's more to do with feel. Which is fine, but 10 already feels good.

to me, in these clips, FW11 sounds a bit more open, like all the frequencies sit where they are supposed to. a bit bigger as well, more direct and aggressive when wanted.

I don't hear too much difference in the tone through my crappy laptop speakers on that one, so I guess the basic tone remains the same.

Hmm... Kinda hard for me to hear a difference between the two. Seems like there is a lot of distortion in the recording. Maybe try selecting one of the Fender Bandmaster amps and rerecord. :)
It would be interesting to hear a before and after with the "Wicked Game" patch loaded. I updated the fw and noted the AFX sounded different (in a good way), but I could not positively quantify what was different. Still playing with the WG patch trying to get a "fuller" sound. I was thinking of downgrading to fw10.12, but decided I like my AFX working and I shouldn't play with it.

Hmm... Kinda hard for me to hear a difference between the two. Seems like there is a lot of distortion in the recording. Maybe try selecting one of the Fender Bandmaster amps and rerecord. :)
It would be interesting to hear a before and after with the "Wicked Game" patch loaded. I updated the fw and noted the AFX sounded different (in a good way), but I could not positively quantify what was different. Still playing with the WG patch trying to get a "fuller" sound. I was thinking of downgrading to fw10.12, but decided I like my AFX working and I shouldn't play with it.

I'm only interested for the changes in the amps I use in my own patches so no, I wont rerecord with fenders :)

There is a difference and it's a rectifier so naturally there's lot of distortion. No point for downgrading just to compare more than that, at least for me :)

Man, you have some really good ears! :)

Lool. It just sounds more fat and like a cab that pushes air. (And don't you push me - me ears are 63). Hellooo ... are you there.

Nomatter, the 11 sounds more "juicy" than thin.

Back
Top Bottom