Taking a break for 2 weeks or so

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
If you don't care and/or don't like me, then this thread is not intended for you :)

I have an overwhelming task list outside of the official and non-official things I do for Fractal. I need to take a break from the forum and other direct conversations I receive. (I will continue to check into the official work though.)

I enjoy helping people on the forum and nipping issues in the bud before they wind up in official support. I help out in many threads daily, usually solving the issue (of course with help from others too!). I also get at least 1 personal message a day regarding FAS gear via PM here, or Facebook, or email, etc. Sometimes it's over 10 a week. That's a lot to keep track of, and I try to keep notes for all the clients I help out. I usually work tirelessly until the problem gets solved. It's a double-edged sword, usually good for the client, sometimes not so good for me :)

At that rate, I need to consider monetizing my time for direct messages. I enjoy helping people for free, but I've reached the point where it takes up all my free time. I would still like to contribute on the forum as I can, but that might be reduced after I return from my break.

My goal this year is to do more live streams and videos. I want to still do that, and I might just stream during my break since it is fun for me.

The reason I'm making an "announcement" is that I'm repeatedly told in private how many people depend on my answers in the forum and things like that. There are also mentions lately saying "oh chris will answer this" or people pinging me to go look at a thread etc. So I just wanted to make a post for reference that explains why I will not be answering those pings and messages over the next 2 weeks or so.

This is a great community, and I love working with the best guitar gear available, which is FAS for sure! I appreciate the support that comes back my way from time to time. Thank you guys! However, I am just one of the MANY helpful people around here, and I won't attempt to name them all for fear of forgetting someone!

See you guys "soon" :)

Enjoy your self first!!!! help others as you enjoy. Don't feel you have to explain to every one, if any one thinks poorly of you taking a break from helping every one for free , to heck with them! see you when you get back!!!!:cool::D

Good on you Chris,

You just need to redefine the word 'Client'.... to 'One that helps pay my bills!'.

Hope you can get some balance there,
Thanks
Pauly

If you don't care and/or don't like me, then this thread is not intended for you :)

I have an overwhelming task list outside of the official and non-official things I do for Fractal. I need to take a break from the forum and other direct conversations I receive. (I will continue to check into the official work though.)

I enjoy helping people on the forum and nipping issues in the bud before they wind up in official support. I help out in many threads daily, usually solving the issue (of course with help from others too!). I also get at least 1 personal message a day regarding FAS gear via PM here, or Facebook, or email, etc. Sometimes it's over 10 a week. That's a lot to keep track of, and I try to keep notes for all the clients I help out. I usually work tirelessly until the problem gets solved. It's a double-edged sword, usually good for the client, sometimes not so good for me :)

At that rate, I need to consider monetizing my time for direct messages. I enjoy helping people for free, but I've reached the point where it takes up all my free time. I would still like to contribute on the forum as I can, but that might be reduced after I return from my break.

My goal this year is to do more live streams and videos. I want to still do that, and I might just stream during my break since it is fun for me.

The reason I'm making an "announcement" is that I'm repeatedly told in private how many people depend on my answers in the forum and things like that. There are also mentions lately saying "oh chris will answer this" or people pinging me to go look at a thread etc. So I just wanted to make a post for reference that explains why I will not be answering those pings and messages over the next 2 weeks or so.

This is a great community, and I love working with the best guitar gear available, which is FAS for sure! I appreciate the support that comes back my way from time to time. Thank you guys! However, I am just one of the MANY helpful people around here, and I won't attempt to name them all for fear of forgetting someone!

See you guys "soon" :)

Enjoy the break dude. You live in paradise so just go chilling on the beach. Bring your pizza and Corona. Set an auto-response saying "Have you read the manual?" and chillax. :)

Back
Top Bottom