TAF "The Legends" UltraRes IR OUT NOW!

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but...
All I can say is WOW!
If you don't want the full package don't buy it, but don't pile on the guy. TAF is offering a product for sale. When you buy a car, you don't get to go to the manufacturer and say, "I don't want a car with 4 wheels, I want a car with 1 wheel". Yes 700 is a lot, but would it have seemed like a better value if there were the same number as in the "Producer Pack" for the same price? Try going to FAS and telling them that you don't want 100 amps, I want an AxeFX with 25 amps or I won't buy... Cliff & co will probably shit themselves laughing.
Responses like this may cause vendors think twice about offering products to us via this forum and this can only hurt our quest for our ideal tone.
Just my thoughts.

...aaaand go!

When you buy a car, you don't get to go to the manufacturer and say, "I don't want a car with 4 wheels, I want a car with 1 wheel". Try going to FAS and telling them that you don't want 100 amps, I want an AxeFX with 25 amps or I won't buy... Cliff & co will probably shit themselves laughing.

Gotta love it! :lol :eagerness:

My thoughts are that if you want fewer to choose from, FW14 is supposed to have 7 free IRs included. What in the world is better than that? Unless you only want 5 Free IRs.

Overwhelmed with the choices FAS gives us. But truthfully...
I still only use the Cali 4x12 stock mixed with the Santiago LOREZ IR's for all my rock patches.

It's still all in the fingers my tone searching friends. Look there first.

Rocking my Brit Super with my new MFC.... just play the cleanest heartfelt licks.
By the time you find your tone I was already there x10.
Most amazing machine
BTW I think Mesas suck (except the stuff Timmon's does w/em)
I'm happy so... I guess thats all that matters to me.
Good luck too all
All the best

Rabbit hole NOT

Last edited:
Bought "the legends" yesterday and got stuck with the second IR I tried, very good stuff!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

I really hope all of this will be included in the updated manual. I find that in nearly every one of your posts, there's at least one term or parameter name you mention (Post-PI?) that I'm completely clueless about lol. :lol

Side note:
Post-Pi MV (PPIMV) also affects your presence and depth controls (at last on a tube amp) - if your MV is at lower settings, there is less or none presence/depth range. If you turn the master on full, the position of the MV doesn't matter anymore.....

Bought "the legends" yesterday and got stuck with the second IR I tried, very good stuff!

out of sheer curiosity: How do you use your AxeFX, Marcus? (Well known as Mesa Boogie Crack for many years...)

Cheers,
Andy

out of sheer curiosity: How do you use your AxeFX, Marcus? (Well known as Mesa Boogie Crack for many years...)

Cheers,
Andy

I already used it for effects only, in the loop of my Rectifiers, I already played shows only using the Axe-FX, that's what I love about it, it gives me all the options. When I am only using the Axe-FX there are no cabinets on stage, we are using In Ear monitoring anyway, so in that case my setup is very simple, power conditioner, wireless and Axe-FX, all in a 4 units rack, perfect for flying. If you are interested you can check out the gear section of my homepage.

Soo, finally as cablab is out now, and the samples that came with V14 made me buy the package! Though, actually only waited for cablab...

Good Work, Andy, congrats!

The cabs sound really good, open and present, even for a higainer like me ;) :lol . I was just trying blindly around with the cabs, and I was astonished about the Art+Tango Jr!!!! It suits/fits very well together with a OH V30 IR and the Recto 1 modern (for Higain, shurely also for lower gain)! Best IR for the Recto that I heared so far (at least for my taste, I don't like those "dark" Mesa cabs very much. I play my real one over a Engl Pro with V30 ;-) a really great cab for the Recto, not too dark, with a good amount of punch and "presence").

Thank you.

I got to try these out today and I was surprised... in a good way! I even made a comparison clip of my free IR vs TAF:

Good sound for sure. I have to ask though, are these IR's raw or did you guys post process them? Seems to me like there might be a low cut in there at least? :)

I got to try these out today and I was surprised... in a good way! I even made a comparison clip of my free IR vs TAF:

Good sound for sure. I have to ask though, are these IR's raw or did you guys post process them? Seems to me like there might be a low cut in there at least? :)

Yes I did, Loud volumes, old analog gear & good mics can cause unwanted lows, I treated the whole process as I would if I were to record guitar normally, well at least before the "tweeking player phase" - I used my trusty Manly Massive Passive to cut the lows to a acceptable level, some cabs more so than others. - all the rest is pure mic & mic pre and speaker. : )

I just mucked around with blending the room mix IR together with a mix IR, like you mentioned in one of your earlier posts. I really dig it, and now that cablab is out it occurred to me that it should be possible to blend them together in cablab once I have determined the right mix between the 2, and end up using only 1 cab block instead of 2 to achieve the effect. Unfortunately either I am missing something, or the .ir files are not included for the mixes/room mixes in the start here folder. Any chance of getting that added/released?

Hi Adam

The IR files are inside the "ambiance +room" folder. - there is a "L" and a "R" and are meant to be added together.

In this folder you will see, RearCab (mic at rear), and ROOM, 2 mics setup in stereo but exported as L/R mono IRs

Simply drag these in and blend to taste.

Hope that helps

I have a question but it may have been answered already....
Is there any news or an ETA of the Mesa cabinet being included?

I have a question but it may have been answered already....
Is there any news or an ETA of the Mesa cabinet being included?

This is still in repair, one of the speakers needs to be replaced, and the jack re-solderd. will get it back next week.

I will capture this the same as the rest, but it will not be for sale, as a token of appreciation on my behalf, from me to you guys, it shall be free.
so do bare with me!

Hi Adam

The IR files are inside the "ambiance +room" folder. - there is a "L" and a "R" and are meant to be added together.

In this folder you will see, RearCab (mic at rear), and ROOM, 2 mics setup in stereo but exported as L/R mono IRs

Simply drag these in and blend to taste.

Hope that helps

Hi Andy,

I did see those there, thanks for the clarification. What I still seem to be missing is the .IRs for what's in the _starthere_\CompleteMixCollection folder. My ideal situation would be to have the .IR for say TAF_Mars4x12_MIX and TAF_Mars4x12_MIX_ROOM and blend to taste in CabLab, since right now I am running 2 cab blocks to blend it. Technically I suppose I have all the raw IR files to mix up that concoction, but since you've already done such a great job of it (heck, better I'm sure than I would...), it would be cool if you could share the mixed .IRs :)

Back
Top Bottom