TAF "The Legends" UltraRes IR OUT NOW!

This is still in repair, one of the speakers needs to be replaced, and the jack re-solderd. will get it back next week.

I will capture this the same as the rest, but it will not be for sale, as a token of appreciation on my behalf, from me to you guys, it shall be free.
so do bare with me!

Very cool of you Andy! I love your work on this pack, and will continue to support any iR packs you produce in the future! You will find many loyal customers here.

Hi Andy,

I did see those there, thanks for the clarification. What I still seem to be missing is the .IRs for what's in the _starthere_\CompleteMixCollection folder. My ideal situation would be to have the .IR for say TAF_Mars4x12_MIX and TAF_Mars4x12_MIX_ROOM and blend to taste in CabLab, since right now I am running 2 cab blocks to blend it. Technically I suppose I have all the raw IR files to mix up that concoction, but since you've already done such a great job of it (heck, better I'm sure than I would...), it would be cool if you could share the mixed .IRs :)

Sure I get you, and what your asking, however these "mixes" were just that, I did them as a demo mode really, thinking that the majority would prefer there own choices.

But its quite simple really to get going. for example:-

Duel mics work best if you don't "share" the same band, i.e no point taking 2 mics that are similar sounding on the same spot.
Use i.e center, and cone same mic or diff mic altogether, whatever works. - then when your happy, just save that as a single setup IR and carry on creating.

Then of course you can add the room, or rear as you wish..

Try not to get carried away though and use too many mics, else you start to have crossover freq, and things can get messy quickly. i.e 8 57's from 8 cabs! :)

Most importantly... Have fun! :)

What is everyone using to audition cabs? fractal-bot or axe-edit or?? Wondering if there is a one click solution so I can quickly go through them.. as opposed to (from axe-edit cab manager):

1. right click on the slot and choose import
2. find the right folder
3. scroll through 300 syx files in that folder till I find the right one
4. hit ok on import dialog
5. hit save on cab manager
6. hit ok on confirmation dialog (that I can't seem to get rid of)
7. determine it's not what I want.. goto #1

It's extremely tedious.

Am I missing something obvious (drag and drop doesn't seem to work anymore for me)?

Here's a recipe I'm really digging base on some of the philosophy mentioned by TAF in a previous post

R121 Center, S545 OffCenter (or SM57 depending on your tastes), U47 Cone (-5 or to taste...basically a brightness setting. 0 equals darkest and the more you take off the brighter it gets)

Last edited:
Good Morning!

At popular request,re: why I did not include the IR files for cablab for the MIX files I created, For those that have the pack already, can now access their account on my-website > Purchase History, You can download the new file that includes all the "IR" files for all the mix creations I did in the _STARTHERE_Folder.

Thanks for all the Feedback.
A

Fantastic news, while what I've already heard seems pretty perfect out of the box, having the .ir option for users to have the ability to mix a bit to taste is a great thing, and just represents that much more of an overall value. Will be buying the collection for sure now

many thanks Andy.
i have another question, one of my favourite Kemper Profiles ever is your "JCM800 Hot Mod TIM" Profil i have purchased from you a while ago.

Can you advise which UltraRes IR from your complete package is going to bring me into the same ballpark of sound? perhaps its easy for you the help out :).. i´m deep into the process of auditioning the complete TAF Ultra Res Package and still very lost in this jungle of so many great and different sounding impulses you have made :)

thanks
exoslime

Andy - I had a jam session on Saturday and used your UR mixes. Just fantastic where we are headed with UR technology. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom