suhr badger in 7.00

mgavin

Experienced
Haven't had a chance to load the new firmware yet, wondering what anyone thinks of the suhr badger model? thanks!

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I think the problem for me is that once I loaded the beta, I just started playing my usual presets and was just floored on how well they sounded now, that I kind of got lost just playing. My main preset at the moment is a fender Vibro verb with a Eternal_love over drive in front of it. man it sings. I will hopefully try later in the week.

All I know is once my kids are off to wherever they go during the day, I am going to turn it up to 11.

quick listen last night, didnt care for it. didnt sound anything like Petes demo. Hopefully after Cliff gets his, it can be tweaked.

Agreed. There's a lot to love in 7, but the Badger didn't do it for me.

edit: I've never played the real amp. From Youtube clips, I assumed it was in the same category as the Dirty Shirley (which I love). Upon further reflection, it's probably just a preference thing.

Last edited:
Never heard the real Badger....but I didn't care for it in the V7 release.
I'm guessing this is supposed to be a low gain amp....and I'm more of a high gain player. So some may love it...but it's not the amp for me.

The Dizzy V4 - ch4 however....is one of my new favs.
Really like the Dirty Shirley too....

There are a few different Badger models; anyone know which specific one this was modelled after?
(haven't tried any of the new amps yet btw, I only had about an hour last night and I spent it messing around with my current patches)
-
Austin

Last edited:
Sound and playing is nice. But the "sideman" waiting in the wings blew my pants off. HA HA

Rock N roll

AAEN

Awesome….. just spent some time with 7.0…so far i'm really impressed with the added dynamics. I own a Suhr Badger and yours really sounds spot on.
Great work guys,
(Famous Guitar Player)

Awesome….. just spent some time with 7.0…so far i'm really impressed with the added dynamics. I own a Suhr Badger and yours really sounds spot on.
Great work guys,
(Famous Guitar Player)

Next time, ask before you quote me. Oh wait, I don't own a Badger... and I'm not famous... but it could have been me :ugeek

Maybe I'm missing something here....

This vid sounds like a nice high gain amp tone.
I turned the gain up to 10 on the Axe Suhr sim, and go no where near the gain in this video?
Are others able to get high gain tone from the Axe Suhr sim? I wasn't able to (without a drive pedal in front of it).

They are both hitting the front end with od pedal. Also turn up the MV.

Maybe I'm missing something here....

This vid sounds like a nice high gain amp tone.
I turned the gain up to 10 on the Axe Suhr sim, and go no where near the gain in this video?
Are others able to get high gain tone from the Axe Suhr sim? I wasn't able to (without a drive pedal in front of it).

I get similar tone and gain to this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBUxUB-6qjw

To get more gain I used the Boost and Bright switch as a quick way to add a little more.
Using WCR PAF humbuckers in LP style guitar.

Last edited:
I love the badger in 7. It's a tone I worked to get close to on other models and right there it is :)

I wonder too which model Badger; I have the Badger 30 (2 el34's) which has 3 "MV" options:

1) run as NMV amp -- frickin' loud even on 2!;
2) run as MV amp (power scaling off), or
3) run with power scaling.

I only had 2 minutes last night to test out, but I am curious if setting the Axe's mv to 9 or 10 and using the new Comp knob would simulate the power scaling mode? I'll have to try it out tonight.

I recently tried a Badger 18 head into a closed back 1x12 badger cab. Its the only amp in the last 3 years that made me go - OOOOh YEEEH. its NOT high gain, though there is a decent amount of drive for bluesy stuff without a drive box.

Havent tried the AFX version yet - im away from mine until Monday.

Back
Top Bottom