Strymon Cloudburst

I’m not too familiar with ambient delays
And reverbs but which factory preset would get me closest to the 9:40 section of this video? It’s labeled atmospheric crunch lol

I haven't bothered to try and replicate the Cloudburst. I did watch the Anderton's vid and wasn't really impressed. Let me qualify that. Yes, it is an impressive pedal (really cool actually), but I've already got very similar or even better capabilities in my factory presets. No diss to Strymon, but I found the whole reveal rather "meh" based on the FAS capabilities. There's absolutely no need for any FAS user to purchase this pedal.

My little spiel above got me thinking of @Rick 's take that the FAS platforms are really very nicely priced with all things considered.
With all due respect, I have yet to hear an Axe-FX preset that sounds like the cloudburst, even from the master preset creators on this thread. There's a lot going on in their algorithm that you might not be noticing.

With all due respect, I have yet to hear an Axe-FX preset that sounds like the cloudburst, even from the master preset creators on this thread. There's a lot going on in their algorithm that you might not be noticing.
You’re right. There is a lot going on and I’m not saying any factory preset duplicates it. Just that there is some really good ambient stuff in there already. There’s just not enough there for me to want one.

Reactions: JTI
With all due respect, I have yet to hear an Axe-FX preset that sounds like the cloudburst, even from the master preset creators on this thread..

Try the "Ganymede 9" factory preset, shorten Delay Time, and play with High Cut. Disable auto-swell. You won't get the low-pitch thick ensemble sound but it gets near some of the reverb-like stuff.

Last edited:
Try the "Ganymede 9" factory preset, shorten Delay Time, and play with High Cut. Disable auto-swell. You won't get the low-pitch thick ensemble sound but it gets near some of the reverb-like stuff.
The Axe definitely has some superb sounding effects that are similar. But there is definitely something about the cloudburst that I really like. It's like some kind of grit that gives it a bowed or brass quality. What is already sustaining also doesn't seem to interfere with new input. Very nice.

Maybe stupid idea but what about the formant for the choir type effects to get the vowel sounds
If that was swelled in with the pad underneath it ?

I’m not too familiar with ambient delays
And reverbs but which factory preset would get me closest to the 9:40 section of this video? It’s labeled atmospheric crunch lol

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? Sorry for the quick bump I just have some free Time to experiment later :)

Made an attempt by starting off with the "Ganymede 9" factory preset, added a pitch block, formant and mega-tap delay block for reverb swells in parallel and a mixer to adjust the mix of the ensemble effect. It is a work in progress, and maybe it will inspire others to make improvements?

Attachments

• cloudburst_mhb.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom