Steadystate's First Recording

steadystate

Fractal Fanatic
I finally found time to cobble up an original recording using the Axe. It starts off slow, then picks up a bit in the middle. You death metal guys should probably pass.

Before you listen, please note that just before I recorded it, I cut all of my fingers on a cheese grater, my dog chewed holes in my speakers, I was ill from food poisoning, and my mother-in-law just decided to extend her stay by another month. Add to that the sound blaster samples, the fact that soundcloud butchers your uploads, and the fact that I simply don't know what I'm doing. Other than that, it came out great.

You need to find more time to cobble up more recordings for us. Great composition, playing and tone throughout.

Thanks for including the traditional 'excuses' section in your first recording post. Your song is all the more awesome considering all the obstacles you had to overcome, like cheese graters and dogs. :)

Nice one steady.

As sheky says "great playing and phrasing" I particularly like the phrasing.

The crowd are callin for more...

Thanks for posting.

As someone who just took delivery of his Ultra a few days ago after a long period of deliberation, and is now facing that steep learning curve I've read about, it is a recording such as this that provides considerable inspiration. I truly enjoyed your composition and playing; and, if you would be willing to share your patches, or at least some insights on how you developed your settings, it would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks all. Tomr, I provided some details about the patch on the Soundcloud link. I used the Recto Orange model and the 1x12 Brit and 1x8 Tweed IRs mixed in parallel with a direct filtered signal. I am really liking the USA Lead 1 model for my lead tones now however. The backing guitar uses no amp model through the 1x8 Tweed IR with a parallel direct filtered signal.

Since I like to wait until my own threads are already at the top before I respond (at least for wish list and recordings), I just want to say that I'm happy to have the chance to respond!

Back
Top Bottom