Static Noise, how to get rid of it?

Good to hear! I had the exact same experience. I spent so much time and money trying to find the root cause of my noise, not finding it, and then I spend like sixty bucks on Lekato WS-70 and the noise became manageable. It was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. The first time I was able to play clean presets without that incessant noise was an almost transcendental experience for me.

GOOD NEWS!! I got it down to an "acceptable" level. I just bought an xvive u2 wireless unit from my local dealer and somehow it filters a lot of the noise out!

Too cool. Now I'm starting to suspect inadequate shielding in your guitar cord.

I tested a bunch.. sommer, vovox, cordial.. everything I have. Even the short patch cables lol

BUT it doesnt went 100% away. It is still there but quieter.
Let's think about this. By adding wireless, you're taking away two things: a long guitar cord, and a direct electrical connection between your guitar and your amp. Is it possible that your power outlets have a faulty ground?

Let's think about this. By adding wireless, you're taking away two things: a long guitar cord, and a direct electrical connection between your guitar and your amp. Is it possible that your power outlets have a faulty ground?
He killed all the power in his house and used his battery amp, and it was still there.

I'm thinking there's some kind of RF that's getting picked up by the shielding/wiring in the guitar cable. And it's strong enough to still latch onto a wireless signal somehow, just not as bad. Which is partly why I thought of an electricity-generating wind turbine. Germany has lots of them.

He killed all the power in his house and used his battery amp, and it was still there.
Yes, but he also has interference with no horizontal directionality. And there's much less of it when his guitar faces up or down. That suggests that the source is all around him. What's all around you but not so much above you or below you? The wiring in your walls. It exists whether the breaker is on or off.

Long shot? Maybe. But I've never seen this set of symptoms before.

Last edited:
Yes, but he also has interference with no horizontal directionality. And there's much less of it when his guitar faces up or down. That suggests that the source is all around him. What's all around you but not so much above you or below you? The wiring in your walls. It exists whether the breaker is on or off.

Long shot? Maybe. But I've never seen this set of symptoms before.
2 things-
You said 'faulty ground.' If the electricity is off, any ground condition, good or bad, now effectively doesn't exist, and 2,

House wiring doesn't just go in the walls. In fact, most of it gets stapled up under the floor joists, and above/within the ceiling joists or trusses. The main feeds will typically be across the ceilings or under the floor, then each circuit will drop down or up, then run through walls. I've seen many houses where the electricians wire the walls by going from each outlet, either up the stud, across a few joists, then down a stud to the next box..., or, much more commonly, run completely under the floor, and only come up the 16" at each outlet location, and back down again. Which in that case, practically all the wiring would be in the floor. So it's really both, and quite dependent on how the electricians decide how many holes they want to drill, or not. It's only at the ends of the "home runs" that then go into a wall.

OP, you wanna rule out house wiring, go stand near your breaker panel, and walk around in that area, and away from it towards other parts of the house, both with the power on and off, and report back. You could also turn all the circuits off except for, one at a time-

Dryer
Washer
Stove
Water Heater

then walk from your panel towards those appliances and see what happens. I'd bet there's no changes to the interference, since I think the source is external.

You said 'faulty ground.' If the electricity is off, any ground condition, good or bad, now effectively doesn't exist,
IIRC, flipping breakers doesn't affect ground. If there's some piece of gear with a battery or battery backup, it could be impresing interference onto a high-impedance ground.

House wiring doesn't just go in the walls. In fact, most of it gets stapled up under the floor joists, and above/within the ceiling joists or trusses. The main feeds will typically be across the ceilings or under the floor, then each circuit will drop down or up, then run through walls. I've seen many houses where the electricians wire the walls by going from each outlet, either up the stud, across a few joists, then down a stud to the next box..., or, much more commonly, run completely under the floor, and only come up the 16" at each outlet location, and back down again. Which in that case, practically all the wiring would be in the floor. So it's really both, and quite dependent on how the electricians decide how many holes they want to drill, or not. It's only at the ends of the "home runs" that then go into a wall.
There's some truth to that.

OP, you wanna rule out house wiring, go stand near your breaker panel
There IS some hum when I go really close with my to the breakers. But normal electricity type of hum and not the high "buzzing" sound that I am experiencing
then walk from your panel towards those appliances and see what happens. I'd bet there's no changes to the interference, since I think the source is external.
that is the case, nothing changes. But I still wonder why there is a big hum when I go near the walls in the apartment.

Back
Top Bottom