Static Noise, how to get rid of it?

It gets quieter when the pickups are facing the ceiling no matter what height. I guess I should start playing lap steel..

Edit: it even gets quieter when they are facing down.. lol
Pickup sensitivity to RFI is symmetrical. It it’s sensitive to the left, it’s equally sensitive to the right. If it’s less sensitive when facing up, it will also be less sensitive when facing down.

So we have a clue: the interference seems to be coming from a horizontal direction.

I recorded the noise while moving the guitar, sideways and upwards.

Thanks. That helps. I hear a lower-frequency raspiness that isn't present in your other recording.

And when you're standing with your guitar strapped on normally, and you turn slowly in a full circle, there's no change in the interference?

Thanks. That helps. I hear a lower-frequency raspiness that isn't present in your other recording.

And when you're standing with your guitar strapped on normally, and you turn slowly in a full circle, there's no change in the interference?

Sadly not, only vertical moving changes the interference. When I hear closely I can hear some “pumping/rotating sound” but here in Germany air conditioners are not normal.

When I put my ear in the direction of the FM9 in can hear a mechanical high pitched “surr” sound that I didnt had at the last place.

Back
Top Bottom