Standard and Ultra Firmware Version 9.00 Released

it's true i saw a post that said "BB Preamp pedal from Xotic Effects" will be added. Not sure what else but man my firmware crack itch is gettin itchy again!!!

how does one add a preamp actually? What power amp sin is used at that point? Is it just a random choice?

rsf1977 said:
how does one add a preamp actually? What power amp sin is used at that point? Is it just a random choice?

Like has been said the BB preamp is a drive pedal. However, the are a couple of preamps on the Axe-fx. The brit pre is one. It is couple w/ the jcm800 poweramp sevtion if I remember correctly. There are several others.

Don't get your hopes up. Between the first announcement and the actual release of a new firmware weeks, sometimes months can pass. I don't expect 9.01 to show up before monday.

mortega76 said:
Very Santana-ish... after he's had a couple of shot of tequila. ;) :D

More like a bottle or two.... but yeah I can see some similarity
even thought this was played on a single coil Strat.

;)

The Spring type has been removed and replaced with a “Cathedral” type. The Vintage type has been renamed to Spring.

Dpoirier and anyone else complaining of presets sounding dark or with too much reverb. I'm wondering if this is the change made involving spring and the "cathedral" reverb. If so is it possible that some of your presets used the old "spring" model, and they became cathedral by default somehow. Probably not, I suppose they would disappear into oblivion, but just a blind guess on my part.

Haven't listened to the new Firmware, can't wait. Last night I successfully uploaded it into the Ultra. Now, after reading some posts, can't wait to try it. I had been a little disappointed in the vibe effect before (and friends tell me it was the old univibe I was hearing in my beloved Hendrix tunes); also it seems a lot of very far-reaching improvements were made here from my last Firmware (8.0 I think), cold bias being one. This is a miracle product.

I updated my standard to 9.0 last week and the ONLY negative I'm finding is that MOST of the patches now clip Output 1. When I adjust my levels I can get no clipping but the result is like playing a 100 watt tube amp at bedroom levels (very weak and brittle sounding). There are even some patches (the more fx ladened ones) that display an error on the screen and don't output anything. Other than updating the firmware, I didnt do anything different.

Has anyone else experienced this with 9.0 or any other updates? Could it be the sysex file was corrupted at some point in the update? I feel like I'm missing something obvious... any suggestions? Would rolling back to a previous version and then back to 9.0 make any difference?

jdurso said:
I updated my standard to 9.0 last week and the ONLY negative I'm finding is that MOST of the patches now clip Output 1. When I adjust my levels I can get no clipping but the result is like playing a 100 watt tube amp at bedroom levels (very weak and brittle sounding). There are even some patches (the more fx ladened ones) that display an error on the screen and don't output anything. Other than updating the firmware, I didnt do anything different.

Has anyone else experienced this with 9.0 or any other updates? Could it be the sysex file was corrupted at some point in the update? I feel like I'm missing something obvious... any suggestions? Would rolling back to a previous version and then back to 9.0 make any difference?
I bet the screen glitch was on a patch that was already bordering on the CPU threshold... for the clipping I would definitely default the values to all the blocks by pressing and holding the bypass button for 2 seconds on each block (make sure it's not on bypass when you're done) and then adjust to taste... more so on the amp block.

Back
Top Bottom