Standard and Ultra Firmware Version 9.00 Released

mortega76 said:
Not as slow as someone who stares at a still image and expects to see movement. :mrgreen:

You mean like this? :D

optical-illusion-wheels-circles-rotating.png
[/quote]

No, because only the parts of the image I'm not staring at are moving. :p

After trying out several high gain amps, all I can say is WOW, that's extraordinary.... :eek:

....excuse me, I need to play some more!

New version loaded no prob' but the two preset files A' and B sysex either get - invalid file message or load and then after checking cycle - installation failed try again.
Also I have a preset 153 velvet sun that flashes overloaded cpu reduce load :?: this is new as I never used it and according to editor it doesn't exist so I can't edit it as it goes from 152 to 154 :roll:
Something is wrong here :mrgreen:

angello120 said:
New version loaded no prob' but the two preset files A' and B sysex either get - invalid file message or load and then after checking cycle - installation failed try again.
Also I have a preset 153 velvet sun that flashes overloaded cpu reduce load :?: this is new as I never used it and according to editor it doesn't exist so I can't edit it as it goes from 152 to 154 :roll:
Presets that start overloading CPU are not uncommon. That particular preset must have been just at the edge of cpu overload, and new tweaks in the most recent firmware use up a touch more cpu and throw it over the edge. That's all. Nothing inherantly wrong here.

As for the banks causing issues, download them again, maybe? Can you transfer presets properly? Is it just entire banks that fail? And by the way, are you sure you want to load entire banks into your Axe-FX? This is a destructive maneuvre that will overwrite all your existing patches in that bank, you know that, right?

Per Cushion said:
Thanks cliff, updating . :)

funkle said:
FractalAudio said:

Yes! I was wondering when that was going to happen.

Same here. I stumbled over this thread by accident. The news thread seems to be restricted to Ultra releases. This is not the first time a standard firmware release has not been announced. :cry:

I just did the "Post in the NEWS thread". First time I've ever posted in that thread; but you were right - no one did it yet for this release. But you can't say I didn't do anything about it. :D

Scott Peterson said:
I just did the "Post in the NEWS thread". First time I've ever posted in that thread; but you were right - no one did it yet for this release. But you can't say I didn't do anything about it. :D

Thank you. :mrgreen:

Dpoirier said:
angello120 said:
Presets that start overloading CPU are not uncommon. That particular preset must have been just at the edge of cpu overload, and new tweaks in the most recent firmware use up a touch more cpu and throw it over the edge. That's all. Nothing inherantly wrong here.

As for the banks causing issues, download them again, maybe? Can you transfer presets properly? Is it just entire banks that fail? And by the way, are you sure you want to load entire banks into your Axe-FX? This is a destructive maneuvre that will overwrite all your existing patches in that bank, you know that, right?
Thanks DP
actually not I did not realise that :oops: I am inherently a knob tweaker not a parameter jockey. I still can't get my head round the 153 preset o/load thing. my editor on screen shows no such preset? can only dial up on the standard and immediately the thing goes into
freak-out mode flashing a warning that the cpu is exceeded but as I can't get it into edit I can't slim it down :roll: not that I ever used this one anyway. I am ashamed to admit that
in a working situation my needs are 4/5 patches with effect on off add-on's max :oops:
so the Axe' s capabilities are somewhat wasted on me in this respect. But Better to have and don't need , than need and don't have (Don covey) :D

angello120 said:
cpu is exceeded but as I can't get it into edit I can't slim it down :roll:

Edit it right on the Axe. You do NOT need the editor for editing presets. You never have.

Cliff

Thank you so much! Ver. 9.0 sounds great and the AXE just keeps getting better!!!

Quick question... I was able to update on my first try. Never been this successful before. Also noticed the latest relese of AXE Edit is working better than I've experienced before. Has there been any change to the MIDI functionality as it seems more robust than it has in the past for me???

Regardless, the new version sounds great, and I am completely impressed with your dedication to customer satisfaction and continuous imrpovement!!!

Bix

You guys are killing me! :D It seems everytime I leave for a cluster of shows or clinics a new major update comes out. Then I have to read on my tiny phone screne how great the update is!! And how everyones loving this or that about it. :) This time it's even worse as I don't have my ultra with me for this set of clinics and I started missing it about half way through the first song at the first clinic. I'm still 5 days from getting home and updating my firmware.

I'm so looking forward to trying the reworked amps!

Larry

Larry Mitchell said:
You guys are killing me! :D It seems everytime I leave for a cluster of shows or clinics a new major update comes out. Then I have to read on my tiny phone screne how great the update is!! And how everyones loving this or that about it. :) This time it's even worse as I don't have my ultra with me for this set of clinics and I started missing it about half way through the first song at the first clinic. I'm still 5 days from getting home and updating my firmware.

I'm so looking forward to trying the reworked amps!

Larry
I was wondering when you and Dweezil would chime in here and give us your thoughts!!! Can't wait to hear your feedback! :D

Just spent an hour with 9.0, and this is clearly another leap forward imlo. The older versions were great, but this is something else. Something about it gets even closer to tubes.
if you haven't got it yhet - definitely give this one a try asap.

Wow, I just had time for a quick test before leaving home for the week-end, the cold bias preamps and the power amp epiphany are reaaaaally good !

Just played with my main Mark II preset and a cranked plexi.

But it seems I'll have quite a lot of tuning to do on my presets.

hi

so i tried updating, downloaded the MidiOx software and the firmware for standard version.
Everything starts great the program starts to transfer the fila, Axe starts to recieve it but an error always pops up saying somthing like there is an active file transfere beetween two units and this one could not be made. So the program stops transfering but Axe still has the status bar while recieving the fle but doesn't move at all.
Any one have any clue what could it be?

Oh and yes i'm using the Digidesign MBox 2 for my MIDI.

Yeah I had to turn it to 250ms if I remember well... Soooo long. TC Electronic Konnekt 8 inside.

I shifted to Send Sx and it's more user friendly and faster, nothing to configure.

Thank you Cliff!
For me as a high gain user the 9.0 update is the best major firmware release since I got my Axe!
As a lot of amps sound better now with all knobs at noon it's much easier to find a proper cab sim out of my BigBox.

Back
Top Bottom