Spent a little time with the AX8

aaah, so you mean for example:
I have 7 scenes then, and then use say button
5 to switch X/Y states on all the other 7 scenes,
and that could then switch any number of things,
and can be different for each of the 7 scenes,
on one maybe add effects, switch fx state or on another simply
send a midi PC to the amp, nothing else?
That would be totally workable as well.

You asked if it was possible to have one scene that changed your amp to channel 1, and then another scene (you called it Scene 1 Y, I'm saying it needs to be an entirely different scene) that is amp channel 1, chorus on, and amp boost. And if you set those scenarios as Scene 1 and 2, you can use the Scene 1/2 Toggle footswitch block to switch between them.

There's not currently anything like scene X/Y (which would basically just be adding 8 more scenes to each preset) nor anything like scene "focus" where you can selectively choose what a scene will affect.

You asked if it was possible to have one scene that changed your amp to channel 1, and then another scene (you called it Scene 1 Y, I'm saying it needs to be an entirely different scene) that is amp channel 1, chorus on, and amp boost. And if you set those scenarios as Scene 1 and 2, you can use the Scene 1/2 Toggle footswitch block to switch between them.

There's not currently anything like scene X/Y (which would basically just be adding 8 more scenes to each preset) nor anything like scene "focus" where you can selectively choose what a scene will affect.
ok, so what you're saying is that within any given preset I have a maximum of 8 different "sub-presets/Scenes" at my disposal,
so to cover all I want I should basically make three patches, clean tones, semi tones and heavy tones, each with 8 iterations.

ok, so what you're saying is that within any given preset I have a maximum of 8 different "sub-presets/Scenes" at my disposal,
so to cover all I want I should basically make three patches, clean tones, semi tones and heavy tones, each with 8 iterations.
You have 8 scenes. Each Scene can have have any combo of x or y selected and any combo of blocks on or off. Tones of flexibility. If you can't do all you want with 8 scenes then you either add more presets and then use up to 8 scenes in each of those presets or ditch scenes 100% and just use presets of which you have 8 per bank. Also in each preset you don't have to use all 8 scenes if you don't want to. Most scenes I have ever used was 5

Different sound? It could be, depending on the D/A converters. Are they the same in the two?

SCENES. Simply put: It is the on/off-state and X/Y-state of the effects, amps, cabs that is present in the PRESET.

Happy holidays

AAEN

Back
Top Bottom