Spent a little time with the AX8

How are you separating the piezo chain from the mag chain? Definitely how I'd want to use it with my Parker Fly guitars, Hamer Duotones etc....

Thanks

There's gonna be A LOT more content from me. I've been waiting for the AX8 specifically, since it's going to be a neutral starting point for most people. And a lot of what I teach for the AX8 will translate to the Axe as well.

I'm very impressed by what I'm hearing. I'f it sounds like that for me, I'll have to decide whether to keep the Helix for anything. Maybe 4cm if the AX8 is noisy with that use.

The side by side will be interesting.

I'm very impressed by what I'm hearing. I'f it sounds like that for me, I'll have to decide whether to keep the Helix for anything. Maybe 4cm if the AX8 is noisy with that use.

The side by side will be interesting.

[cough] FX8 [/cough]

Reactions: yek
There's gonna be A LOT more content from me. I've been waiting for the AX8 specifically, since it's going to be a neutral starting point for most people. And a lot of what I teach for the AX8 will translate to the Axe as well.
Donated in anticipation of this. I encourage others to do the same.

[cough] FX8 [/cough]

Had the FX8. Loved it. Got the Helix to try amp modeling. Right now there are things I can do with Helix in 4cm that I couldn't do in the FX8, so I traded off the FX8. Doesn't mean that I won't have another in the future. I'm very much in an experimental stage.

Wow thanks! I really appreciate it. Any donation keeps me streaming more and making more content. Thank you!

I'll be looking for your tutorials as well and ready to donate. I had your video going in the background while getting work done and I think one thing I'll like to hear more of (not sure there were any) were some low gain sounds in addition to the clean and high gain.

I think one thing I'll like to hear more of (not sure there were any) were some low gain sounds in addition to the clean and high gain.
i made a full bank of presets ranging from super clean, low gain, mid gain and high gain. i think i parked on the low/mid gain for a bit in the video, but people's definition of that is always different i feel. are there some songs or artists that typically have the sound you're looking for?

How are you separating the piezo chain from the mag chain? Definitely how I'd want to use it with my Parker Fly guitars, Hamer Duotones etc....

Thanks
If I understood it properly, you use Input 1 for the pickups and another one for the piezo, I imagine using a Stereo to Double Mono cable (Insert type cable) like I use with my Parker.

Had the FX8. Loved it. Got the Helix to try amp modeling. Right now there are things I can do with Helix in 4cm that I couldn't do in the FX8, so I traded off the FX8. Doesn't mean that I won't have another in the future. I'm very much in an experimental stage.
Interesting. What could you not do on FX8

i made a full bank of presets ranging from super clean, low gain, mid gain and high gain. i think i parked on the low/mid gain for a bit in the video, but people's definition of that is always different i feel. are there some songs or artists that typically have the sound you're looking for?

Off the top of my head, think John Mellencamp, Counting Crows etc...

Off the top of my head, think John Mellencamp, Counting Crows etc...
at 45 minutes into the video, i try my "AFT Low Gain" preset. my dual humbucker guitar won't give the typical strat sound of those bands, but you can see what i did there.

so its basically an axe fx 2 xl+ in a different config right? less effects and features but same amps/cabs.....how can it sound different then the axefx2 xl+?

so its basically an axe fx 2 xl+ in a different config right? less effects and features but same amps/cabs.....how can it sound different then the axefx2 xl+?

two different guitar cables can make the same amp sound different... so unless the components are exactly the same it's gonna sound different... or at least there's a pretty decent chance it will sound to some degree different.

Back
Top Bottom