SOS firmware HELP

Zoli Toth

Dear Fractal team and every fellow users!

I've been using the Axe FX II since 2013, and I'm absolutely satisfied with it, I made albums, used it live a thousand times, and I'm using it live every day.

Now I've got an URGENT problem, for which I need your help to solve! I'm heading out to a tour tomorrow, and I wanted to make some new presets before, but when I launched the AXE EDIT 2, my computer broke off, so I had to use another PC. I installed the AXE EDIT 3, and here I got the problem: the program does recognize my AXE FX II, but the popup window says, that the firmware is out of date, and suggests to update it to Quantum 3.00.

My question is that if I do so, and update the firmware, DOES IT EFFECT on the presets, scenes and most importantly the whole sound at all, or it just makes my device faster, more efficient. You know, the sound is the most important thing to me, and if the firmware update makes any change or difference, I don't mind the new presets, I'll update after the tour, but if not, I'm going to update right now!! :)

Thank you for your fast help!!

Have a nice day friends,

Zoli from Hungary

Wait until you've got time to tweak things to your liking, 'if it ain't broke don't fix it', as they say. You can always download an older Axe Edit for now.

Sincd your firmware is about 10 behind, I can say without a doubt , YES, it with sound very different and have many changes in parameters. If you are presently gigging you probably should not change boats in mid stream . . .

According to the dates of the files on my pc, it looks like AxeEdit v3p0p3 came out one day after Firmware 12p00.
Not sure if this is 100 percent accurate or not.

Yes it would be cool if we could create a correspondence table
Perhaps it would be easier
take the FW at the end of development
and report the correct editor
eliminating all development releases and beta ;)
It would be a first step :)

And you can also evaluate, AXE CHANGE
where you see the FW with greater success (number preset exchange):

Axe-Fx II / 9.x
Axe-Fx II / 7.x
Axe-Fx II / 6.x
Axe-Fx II / 10.x
Axe-Fx II / 11.x
Axe-Fx II / 18.x

in order to be able to satisfy, more possible users
This is only an idea of help for all :)

I'd always wondered ...... why not??
Because sometimes Axe-Edit gets updates when the firmware doesn't. And vice-versa.

If you release a firmware update that doesn't require changes to Axe-Edit, it doesn't make sense to release a new but unchanged version of Axe-Edit just to keep the version numbers the same. That's just more complexity and more work. And more confused people on the forum asking whether they have to update the editor, too. And more people wasting time updating Axe-Edit unnecessarily because they think they have to.

Not to mention the people who will complain about all the frivolous updates. :)

AE could use the A.B.C of the firmware required for AE to run and then add on .D.E.F ........ heck, we got systems that track out 8-9 digits!!

Back
Top Bottom