Something Cool I've Been Working On

I will be able to update the V2 and MIX libraries with the longer IR's; I have the raw session data available to recompile them when all the necessary tools are available to be had. I don't have the raw data for for the V1 IR's anymore, though those were truncated at 125 ms which is 25 ms longer than what has shown to be compatible through some form of conversion here. Will play things by ear and put the time in for updates and such when everything is in place and I have the time to devote to the endeavor. :)

It is desired that the IR be 8K samples or more. Kevin's IRs are 4800 samples. This is still long enough to benefit. However, I have contacted Kevin and if I understood him correctly the raw data is there to reissue the IRs at 8K samples.

That's very cool. Are you also going to be able to release the Producer packs with the HiRes IRs? IOW, do you have the session data?

I will be able to update the V2 and MIX libraries with the longer IR's; I have the raw session data available to recompile them when all the necessary tools are available to be had. I don't have the raw data for for the V1 IR's anymore, though those were truncated at 125 ms which is 25 ms longer than what has shown to be compatible through some form of conversion here. Will play things by ear and put the time in for updates and such when everything is in place and I have the time to devote to the endeavor. :)

Thanks Kevin for jumping in and letting us know. :encouragement:

If I buy the OH bundles, will I have to buy them again to get the longer versions?

I hope Kevin will sell them and not give his work and hours away for free.
He is trying to make a living and has a family to support.
I would happily buy them again!
Tell Microsoft that you you would like ti have the newest Windows version for free because you bought one version 10 years ago.
Its 40$ we are talking about not 400$, which would be a more correct price concidering the huge amount of hours, work and thought Kevin has put into these IRs

There's not much development cost in taking the already completed IRs and releasing longer versions. Hence the suggestion of them being discounted at least making complete sense.

Good to see Fractal and OH collaborating on this.. really lookin forward to this.
Being a part of the Fractal experience is like having Christmas and new-years 12 times a year!

Thanks Cliff and Kevin!

That's very cool. Are you also going to be able to release the Producer packs with the HiRes IRs? IOW, do you have the session data?

I guess the idea of a HiRes IR is in Cliff's mind for quite some time - he already had taken all producer pack shots in 8k resolution. I mean how ever it would be possible to design a device many years in advance and still working on newer updates, which all fit precisely into the overall concept without making compromises?

I guess the idea of a HiRes IR is in Cliff's mind for quite some time - he already had taken all producer pack shots in 8k resolution. I mean how ever it would be possible to design a device many years in advance and still working on newer updates, which all fit precisely into the overall concept without making compromises?

I am often under the impression Cliff already had envisioned many of these upgrades when he designed the Axe FX 2. After all the updates we have received over the years (and some were very substantial) we still haven't run out of processing power and memory. This is really impressive.

I am often under the impression Cliff already had envisioned many of these upgrades when he designed the Axe FX 2. After all the updates we have received over the years (and some were very substantial) we still haven't run out of processing power and memory. This is really impressive.

MORE than that, dude. In any formal rendering of things, there are obvious ramifications and pathways, however general. It's then a matter of exploring them. There are often new things found and conceived through such exploration; it ain't just pickin a fork in the road an seeing where it leads. Then there's application, which leads further, but even contemplating application brings concepts into focus.

I agree with jeppekristoffer. Time is not free.

But i think it is a really smart price on the ir`s. The price is low enough that people will buy, just to try. If the price where high, he would sell less. He would maybe make the same amount of money, but with lower prices more people will try it..
And even more people will buy all of the products. I think and hope that OH will make more money. More money=more goodies for us and a vacation for Kevin.

Something like at least 5$ for upgrade is something everyone could and should accept. But it`s all up to OH and Fractal on their respective products.

Cliff should go to the Bahamas soon too.... Well deserved.

I love new things on the horizon :D

Back
Top Bottom