Some very cool sounds using my Axe FX Ultra!

Wow, excellent clips and chops.

I still marvel at the AxeFx's ability to sound as good or better than revered tube amps.

:shock:

MKeditor said:
Sounds cool. Tell us about the amp sims and the way it was recorded. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks!
The samples was recorded straight to my sound card!
Here is the full chain: 1. guitar: Steinberger USA GM-7TA with EMG pickups->2. Elixir cable->3. Axe-FX Ultra stereo unbalanced out->4. Klotz Funk Master cables->
5. Sound card: TC Electronic StudioKonnekt 48->6. Mac Book Pro->7. Logic Pro 8-> mp3->320 kbits ;)
I'll post the presets soon! ;)

FractalAudio said:
Some really good tones and playing there. I like the last one a lot.

CC
Thank you Cliff!
It's my pleasure!
Before Axe-FX, I've used a Diezel Einstein combo and a Cornford Carrera with some very expensive exotic and boutique pedals in the front of my amp and an Eventide Eclipse in the loop,
From now on I'll use just my Axe-FX Ultra and my guitar! ;) :cool:

Major impact blues, from 0:20 to 0:30. That's a great sound. What is that effect? Sounds like a harmonizer, but is it controlled by a pedal or is it a filter or something like that. I think it sounds like Snowy White's solo on 'Set the controls for the heart of the sun' from the Roger Waters tour DVD.

Edit: This is the song I was thinking about: http://www.yousendit.com/download/Q01IMWZDSWVFc0x2Wmc9PQ

toadcaller said:
Great stuff. Every single clip is fantastic. Those EMGs really shine with the Axe-Fx. Quiet, too. Thank you!
It's my pleasure! ;)
The EMGs are very "processor friendly", I agree! :cool:

Edgewannabe said:
Major impact blues, from 0:20 to 0:30. That's a great sound. What is that effect?
Sorry for the late answer!
Ok, it's a stock preset from my Ultra called "Lonely Heart Solo" number 054.
The effect is a pitch shifter.

(Sorry guys for the OT)
On fait aller :) j'ai joué à Sakifo Maurice avec Crossbreed ce week-end. J'attends mon Axe-Fx avec impatience, il pourrait arriver aujourd'hui, ou jeudi, par DHL

Nice clips ! Like your bluesy sounds, but I wonder if I'll be able to sound the same with my Jackson Soloist, as I don't have another guitar. Maybe with some pre-amp model equ'ing ? But now that the Axe will cure my preamp/multifx GAS, maybe i'll start GASing for guitars again :lol:

fremen said:
(Sorry guys for the OT)
On fait aller :) j'ai joué à Sakifo Maurice avec Crossbreed ce week-end. J'attends mon Axe-Fx avec impatience, il pourrait arriver aujourd'hui, ou jeudi, par DHL

Nice clips ! Like your bluesy sounds, but I wonder if I'll be able to sound the same with my Jackson Soloist, as I don't have another guitar. Maybe with some pre-amp model equ'ing ? But now that the Axe will cure my preamp/multifx GAS, maybe i'll start GASing for guitars again :lol:
Cool!
You're waiting for the Ultra or for the Standard?
Thanks, I think that the Axe-FX will be just fine for your sound!
I don't need any preamp, equaliser, processor or whatever to get the sound I want to!
Nice to see you here!
Best regards ;)

alas, only the standard. Mauritius is still a developping country, and that's already quite an investment for me

EDIT : OT for blue2you : on me voit en photo dans le Quotidien d'hier, le gars avec la casquette et la Jackson juste derrière le chanteur de Crossbreed :cool:

Back
Top Bottom